The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
    ---
    Last edited by Mathias Bonn; 05-27-2016 at 01:11 PM.
    09-20-2014 06:56 AM
    Aye, have you reported them yourself? I know I'm trying to.
    09-20-2014 07:35 AM
    How about using this thread to put up the names of those apps so that more people can report them, & get it unpublished.
    A like under each app link to show that you have reported it.
    teckris and Kevin Rush like this.
    09-20-2014 07:41 AM
    Let me know some names.. I'll see them and report asap..
    09-20-2014 08:33 AM
    Earlier this month, a LOT of spam apps have appeared in the Windows Phone Store. You can find most of them in the music+videos category, by going to new apps. All of the apps have the same icon with a gray background and spammy names. They are made by different developers.

I was wondering if someone could help reporting the apps? There are so many of them.
    Hi, I think it would be great and appropriate, if you would explain what a spam app is? Does it claim to be something that it isn't and only offer a paid version?
    09-20-2014 10:06 AM
    Wow.. Seems like our actual app count is way lower than what we believe it to be.. Anyways, have to clean up! Help me..
    09-20-2014 12:11 PM
    You are right... This is a serious situation..... Like an infection.....I reported a few apps.,..there seems to be too many....!! Some body plz give MS a call.... The app permission too are highly questionable....
    09-20-2014 12:42 PM
    Some names are:
    bo3
    minhcu25
    phucyou
    whatit
    Zekkh Tube
    buiduckhanh399435
    buiduckhanh399420
    buiduckhanh399434
    vuxuanhung59
    phamhoang3
    minhcu24
    buiduckhanh399419
    buiduckhanh399432
    kun7
    minhcu8
    daidong12
    letung45
    buiduckhanh399428
    buiduckhanh399427
    batung50
    batung46
    buiduckhanh399417
    bo6
    xuanhunghung
    batung52
    minhcu26
    batung48
    batung40
    DAMN... the botting is strong with this one. This is a serious flaw in windows store & must MS must be made aware of this, in case they aren't already.
    09-20-2014 10:51 PM
    In case anyone isn't sure how to report spam apps, Daniel did a great blog post on the topic. Here is how to report dangerous or malicious apps to the Windows Phone Store | Windows Phone Central
    09-20-2014 11:13 PM
    What do these apps do? Like what happens (or doesn't happen) if you download & install one of these apps and open it? I don't want to try it.
    09-20-2014 11:25 PM
    What do these apps do? Like what happens (or doesn't happen) if you download & install one of these apps and open it? I don't want to try it.
    best case scenario: they're actually well made and not spam.

but more likely they bring zero value and are benign. Just useless.

You're welcome to install them, there's, as of now, no chance of a virus or other stuff since apps can only touch their own things. (and it wont be smart to damage oneself)
    I wouldn't readily log into one though.
    But otherwise, you're welcome to run it to see if you're curious.
    09-20-2014 11:51 PM
    I downloaded a few of these... Seem to be MS related articles just like the screenshots on the store shows.. Permissions required are strange tho... Uninstalled !
    09-21-2014 01:14 AM
    And I'm not sure what to report these for ... Neither malicious nor offending.. And it isn't misleading either !
    09-21-2014 06:23 AM
    I would say "Misleading" is the best choice to use.
    Yea, misleading seems most appropriate, since name & app don't match... I just wanted a good batung50 app & ended up with something displaying MS articles
    09-21-2014 08:52 AM
    Yea.. Ikr! So damn irritating when you cant enjoy a good batung app! I'm gonna switch now.
    09-21-2014 11:33 AM
    Why is Microsoft still not reviewing apps? Is it to get the app count up?
    Bodeanicus likes this.
    09-22-2014 12:15 AM
    Earlier this month, a LOT of spam apps have appeared in the Windows Phone Store. You can find most of them in the music+videos category, by going to new apps. All of the apps have the same icon with a gray background and spammy names. They are made by different developers.

I was wondering if someone could help reporting the apps? There are so many of them.

EDIT: Below are some examples of spam apps. These apps have no purpose and are basically the same apps with changed titles and random letters in the description.

There are "batung" apps from batung2 to batung64.
    There are "bo" apps from bo1 to bo10.
    There are "minhcu" apps from minhcu1 to minhcu26.
    There are "buiduckhanh" apps from buiduckhanh399410 to buiduckhanh399436.

And that's just a small amount of similar spam apps. It seems like all of the apps are created in App Studio.

The crazy thing is that ALL of these apps are published by different accounts. How could this possibly get approved?
    This issue, like many others, is known very well by non US customers and it's old. Apparently Microsoft has cleaned up the US market but not most of the foreign ones (which is yet one more reason why US customers appear to be happier somewhat).
    Reported here: Windows Phone Store drowning in spam web apps?
    More rants (fully justified IMHO): Windows Phone Store: these arent the Facebook apps youre looking for | istartedsomething
    That was last March:
    In September, they are still dragging the issue along: Microsoft accused of cleaning up only the US app store
    However, they insist in boasting an alleged "Increase in applications", elegantly skipping on saying that many are plain spam, a lot have in app purchasing (therefore not free as they claim and illegal based on EU laws), while others are copies of one another (Maps) and tons have same icons too. Flappy birds comes to my mind.

It's a very well known issue that nobody at Microsoft seems to care of. I can understand an US user arguing in the blog as they don't have a view of the global market and just focus on their experience or the US at best. I cannot justify a global company ripping off users though.

That market is as empty as ever, if you remove all the trash.
    Bodeanicus likes this.
    09-22-2014 12:26 AM