Try out the brand new UC Browser and win a Lumia 930 and gift cards!!!

Chitrarth_S

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
New v .4 has got faster downloading, better tab management, cool windows
UI and most important a little button to directly
download youtube videos #UCBrowserWP #bestWPbrowser

jomarr

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Wow I love the new update. Keep them coming!! Thank you guys, I'm now using UCBrowser as my Primary browser on my WP.

123gettothechopper

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
UC Browser Review
UC Browser, a popular alternative to IE, is my go-to browser ever since I got it from the Windows Phone Store. It was recently updated, revamping the whole interface.

INTERFACE:-
As soon as you open up the app you get a home screen with your bookmarks and favorite sites. The old browser's interface was no slouch but was a little difficult to navigate through. This just adds on to that. Making the interface look much cleaner, I think, was right, because new users shy away from too many complications. The tab management system, I haven't been able to try out because I am on a 512mb ram device, but I am sure that it is just as good as the rest of the interface.

PERFORMANCE:-
UC Browser is probably the fastest browser on the Store. It always was and will be. Scrolling through web pages is slick and lag is absent but zooming in on web contents is not that good. Speed comparisons with IE cannot be made because I have a pretty decent internet connection at home. Although, buffering videos was much faster on UC Browser. The ability to change search engines will make it popular among people who use Google instead of Bing. But me, I am kind of an MS guy, so I stick to the search button

The small things that count:-
1) The ability to set themes
This feature is excellent and was present in the last one too, but deserves a special mention
2) UC Cricket
As a big fan of cricket I was really impressed by this. It is a simple webpage that loads really fast, even on mobile data.
3) Site nav
What should I say about this! What a thing! It draws popular websites from you country and displays them in various categories like news, music, utility, download zone etc.
4) Download manager
Finding a good browser with a download manger is difficult and UC Browser makes it much easier. This is by far the best download manager I have ever used. Downloading videos is as easy as ever. This feature is by far my favorite!
5) UC Disk
This is UC's cloud based solution. It allows you to create an account and store all your downloads there, in the cloud. I personally won't use it much, but it definitely is a good to have feature.

The Competitors:-
1) Internet Explorer
This is Microsoft's own browser and by far the biggest competitor. It lacks most of the features UC has, but since it is stock, all the search results/links open in it. I wish there was a way to change this
2) Opera Mini
This is one of the most popular mobile browsers' which recently made its entry to WP. Although it is still in beta, it still provides a fast and fluid experience but lacks the visual appeal of UC Browser. The UI needs a lot of polish and is just isn't as nice and friendly to use as UC Browser

What can be done to improve it further:-
There is not a single flaw I have found in UC, these are ones which I found that could be better but I am nit-picking
1) Accelerometer is way too sensitive. I tend to hold my phone tilted and the screen rotates which gets a bit annoying. I know you can lock it, but they can probably fix it with a small update.
2) Sometimes the gestures don't work properly. When I am zoomed in and pan left or right, the browser changes the webpage, which is a major annoyance

This was my review for UC Browser!

MartLea

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
Installed latest version today on L620, Black, 8.1.1 CV UK, sadly it crashed right away on the Daily Mail UK website! Fiddled with various settings but same result. Uninstalled, will wait for stable version.

paddylaz

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Installed latest version today on L620, Black, 8.1.1 CV UK, sadly it crashed right away on the Daily Mail UK website! Fiddled with various settings but same result. Uninstalled, will wait for stable version.

Or.....you could use the website of a proper newspaper ;)

Yanthungbemo Ezong

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
*95% of the UI changes are awesome! It looks even much better than the beta version (UC Browser Preview)
*Unifying the search and address bar was a great move
*Tab management is now better..even better the Preview version. Its now very convenient as we can add to speed dial, add bookmark directly from it.
*It still doesn't continue functioning in the background. Unless I am mistaken, this feature is possible in WP. I hope we'll see this in future updates.
*The 'save link' option in the Android version should also be implemented in WP.
*Facebook log in problem. When I try to log in again after logging out, the site keeps on showing the message 'You must log in first' even though I've entered my correct email and password. This all happens when I'm browsing with speed mode ON. In order to be able to log in again, I have to turn off speed mode. I hope this will get fixed soon.
*While surfing the internet, the position of the address bar right above the menu bar is a bit inconvenient. Accidental pressing of the home, back, forward or stop buttons is a tad too frequent.
*In the tab switching menu, I think the position of 'new tab' and 'add to speed dial' should be interchanged.
CONCLUSION: A very significant update. Many appreciable improvements but still has some issues to be addressed. I'd score it 4.2/5

Loud Silence

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
It's a shame there is no way to save web pages in this version. And it is too slow with and without multiple tabs when "Speed Mode" is not activated. Java script does not even seem to be supported.
It looks great though. I hope they stay with this design.
Oh and one other function I miss is the "View Page Info". It was very handy in the Java version of the app.

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
First impression:
An overall nice update to UC browser. The new user interface(UI) is superb and I have no difficulty in swiping the pages.

THINGS WHICH I LIKED:

# Splash screen is fast than before.
# New design and UI is simple and beautiful.
# Downloading speed are just awesome. No word to describe download speed.I tried all the browser but I cannot find that download speed.
# I found opening of some sites faster than before.
# Like the feature of scan QR code.
# Easy to use than before.
# Themes section available to download themes is nice. I can download whichever theme i loved.
# Nightmode feature which was before but i liked it so much.So i mention it.
# Text only feature is also there before update. But this is feature not found in any other browser than UC browser.

THINGS WHICH I DON'T LIKED:

# At startup when I suddenly click on any speed dial(like facebook), It lags or hangs a little there. I am using lumia 520 . Don't know about high end phones have same problem or not.
# Swiping left to right moves me to previous page.
# While opening some sites, I get error code 0000C000 .
#Sometimes it hangs. Not any button works for a while. Then i have to close UC browser.

SUGGESTIONS(My own views)

# Give an option to download videos from YouTube in 360p ,720p and 1080p.
# Please give an option to on/off that swiping left to right feature moves me to previous page(like in internet explorer).
# Fix the error code 0000C000 bug.
# Please made a little more improvement in opening some pages because in mobile internet data pack(slow internet) I sometimes cannot judge the page fully loads or there is problem while loading it because uc browser stops showing loading below(yellow line which shows loading).

OVERALL IMPRESSION:

A truly awesome update by UC browser team. There is also a chance to uc browser team to attract opera mini users which is still in beta in WP. Hope for more good updates like this in future. Thanks.

Last edited:

ajcletus500

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
UCBrowser asks to save passwords but when I visit the page again the username and password are not filled in on its own
Did I do something wrong or m I missing somethng??

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99