Xbox Music, Lulz

bsayegh

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I am sorry guys. I doubted you. After so many months of hearing how bad Xbox Music is, I had yet to experience it first hand. I thought "some people just like to complain! Xbox Music is fine!"

But I was wrong. Today I got my first taste of how hard it is to buy something on Xbox Music. I would think that even if they had totally goofed on the listening and navigating experience, they would have made purchasing a song really easy. They didn't.

I was listening to Pandora and heard a song that I liked. I hit the "Buy on Xbox Music" option and it took me to Xbox Music. It didn't load anything, just a black screen. I figured it was just an anomaly, so I tried again. This time, after several seconds, it show me an option for the specific album and the artist.

I only wanted the song so I selected the Album. It didn't load anything, just a black screen. I waited for 2 minutes, then tried it again. Still the same problem. I tried it 3 more times and couldn't get it to work. I closed the app and skipped the Pandora link. I didn't want to skip the Pandora link because I figure they get credit for the sale and it adds credibility to the app on Windows Phone. If I just entered the name of the song on Xbox Music without going through Pandora, it worked fine.

I opened Pandora again and went through my history back to the song. This time, for some reason, it let me buy the song. It took entirely too long to buy a song on Xbox Music.

At least it was only a dollar. I know some services sell each song for like $1.19 or something, so that's nice (I saved 20 cents, not unlike a boss). But come on Xbox Music. They say that improve the app with every update, but why is it so difficult? What kind of crazy infrastructure is that app built on that makes it so difficult? Rewrite the stupid thing!

Xbox Music is the Internet Explorer 7 of music apps.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Wouldn't be surprised that some people in Microsoft want WP to fail, and providing a sub standard experience is one way to erode the platform from within

bsayegh

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I wouldn't be surprised if there were people who wanted it to fail, sure, but not on the Xbox Music Team! Their jobs kind of depend on providing a quality service!

I have Cyan. Got the update like 2 days ago.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss