As per the title, currently I have insider pro and what do you guys think of this app? Lumia Battery Saver & Booster - 8.1 | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
    09-28-2014 07:23 AM
    I haven't and I don't think I would either.
    No kidding. A battery app that needs access to all your contacts (and just about everything else in your phone)!?!?
    09-28-2014 07:30 AM
    No kidding. A battery app that needs access to all your contacts (and just about everything else in your phone)!?!?
    Aresjr21 and badcat like this.
    09-28-2014 07:04 PM
    This is why I cringe when I see various web sites recommending willy-nilly this or that app to download.

The day when MS has a system app that tells you what data on your phone every third party app is accessing is when you know they are serious about your personal data but even Apple doesn't have one yet so I don't expect one for Windows Phone any time soon.

I'd never ever expect a system app like this for Android though. Google wants complete access to all of the data on your phone and on their servers because that's how it makes its money. By extension that's how its partners expect to make money too.
    ivdza likes this.
    09-28-2014 07:43 PM
    The day when MS has a system app that tells you what data on your phone every third party app is accessing is when you know they are serious about your personal data but even Apple doesn't have one yet so I don't expect one for Windows Phone any time soon.
    I don't think an app will fix this issue. I understand prior to downloading apps you can go to the section to see what info the app needs access to. Now if somehow the app you suggest can be used as a gate keeper and deny apps access to certain info after installation then I would be all for it. Something like that if possible would be a great privacy tool.
    09-28-2014 08:33 PM
    Try Juicy !
    It has just been released and it features beautiful and professional designed tiles for battery, with useful info.
    You might need to search for "battery Juicy" in store.
    09-29-2014 12:35 AM
    I don't think an app will fix this issue. I understand prior to downloading apps you can go to the section to see what info the app needs access to. Now if somehow the app you suggest can be used as a gate keeper and deny apps access to certain info after installation then I would be all for it. Something like that if possible would be a great privacy tool.
    Even just requiring the developer to say why various access is needed on the honor system would be a big improvement. It could be just a link so as to not distract the people who don't care. MS involvement would just be to respond to complaints if someone discovers the developer lied.
    09-29-2014 07:30 AM
    Guess I'll stick with insider pro, that app states it can switch the phones battery settings into 4 modes which I have no clue how it is possible really. Juicy app seems interesting but right now the insider pro despite running in background shows 0% battery usage.
    09-29-2014 12:03 PM
    I am glad you find the app interesting, and I hope you will give it a try sometime (we have a trial version too).
    We seriously taken in consideration the battery consumption so you should not see any impact on battery with Juicy.
    09-29-2014 12:21 PM
    Since your a developer I shall support you ๐Ÿ˜Š
    itsJuicy likes this.
    09-29-2014 06:18 PM
    Done 5 stars for the app, I strongly suggest optimization for the drop down buttons as they can stutter
    09-29-2014 06:21 PM
    Thanks for the support and for the suggestions !
    Can you please tell me on which phone did you install the app ?
    09-29-2014 11:04 PM
    Lumia 1520 and it does use 0% battery in background
    itsJuicy likes this.
    09-30-2014 03:03 AM
    If you have the time, it will help me a lot if you can send me some screenshots of my app, on your phone.
    I did not had a chance to see how the graphics scale on big screen devices (I own a 930 and 925 only)
    Email: contact@itsjuicy.net or PM

Thanks a lot for all the help !
    09-30-2014 03:11 AM
    Yeah sure bo problem ๐Ÿ˜Š
    itsJuicy likes this.
    09-30-2014 08:13 AM