MSN News app

BrandonTeoh

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, I updated the Bing News app to MSN news and the first thing I discovered is the live tile. The text on the lower left is bigger than the rest of the tiles and the text size of the flipped tile is way off.

To compare the changes, take note the Twitter app which is above the MSN News app.

wp_ss_20141003_0001.png

Does anything encounter the same thing? If so, is there any way to fix it?

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
There is no fix. They have opted for bold text on tiles vs all other apps. If they removed bold, it will look like all other tiles. If it was intentional I doubt future updates to the app will change it.

acermark

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
They should give us different options for live tiles with their apps, I think what they had before looked neater beside all the other tiles.

Al_2

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
The bold on the tile is quite ugly, hope that was a mistake. The MSN Sport's tile isn't in bold.

Also, noticed recently in all the MSN apps (and when they were Bing too) the articles don't have paragraph breaks in them. So new paragraphs start on a new line, but there's not an empty line inbetween (if that makes sense). Makes reading articles harder.

sp8y

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
Yeah they don't seem to have any continuity between their own apps.

For instance the MSN Sport app has always had a smaller text for the tile title "Sport" than other tiles titles - when pinning a sport section from the sport app that tiles title text is bigger than the actual sport app!

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire