Why do WP users always get the shaft?

segasaturn

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
Flipboard not very good

The new flipboard app just really isn't very good. Its slow, takes forever to load over cellular and Wifi and doesn't have nearly all the features of the iOS/Android versions. It took them over a year just to get it out and this is the best they can do? And Microsoft wants to heavily promote the app and is launching it with the 830. Not sure that's the best move as they will be showing off an app that is far inferior to the versions on other systems. Why do WP users always get the shaft? (i.e Instagram, Vine, LinkedIn, ect)

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Re: Flipboard not very good

Its another overrated app that has no relevance with quality. It does not flip, takes ages to load, feeds are badly managed(unfollow a feed and you'll see it again), no themes. This app sucks a high time. Nextgen reader is the best RSS reader and they should stop going gaga over flipboard..ohh sorry..scrollboard. Crap App!!

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site

I agree. Its an embarrassment for their brand. It makes me enjoy this app Dailyaha even more. It does a very good job with news and it has page-turn on both mobile and ModernUI. Flipboard is more like a slideboard wrapper for facebook. Its a joke.

segasaturn

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site

I just don't understand why MS trumpets these official releases so much and makes such a big deal about "oh we got another official app woopie" do they even bother to check the actual quality of these apps before getting so excited. Ultimately they are probably more damaging to the WP brand than helpful, because no one in hell is going to want to use an inferior version of an app and the fact that MS just doesn't get it is really sad.

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site

No problem for me except it is scroll board.but it update my live tile iam loving it.onevof advantage of wp I guess.

envio

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site

I too was also hoping to see Flipboard's greatest selling point, the flip, but instead what we've got is yet another news feed aggregator. It's not terrible but it has got issues. I don't need it, other apps do it better already.

Willyman

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site

The scrolling doesn't bother me. What does bother me is the lack of features and the loading time of the app...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3