Flipboard.....oh no, you mean slideboard!!!

hallam555

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
What an absolute embarrassment the new flipboard app is. Another example of poor app quality that Microsoft is allowing to pass through their quality control.

How much more of this can I take??? None I'm done with Windows Phone....

khatta

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You mean the ****board !
Yes, the experience is Waze app like and it will stay like that for unforseen future now. MS did a good job at convincing one of the Flipboard leaders to present their app, but forgot to mention that this is the "after market" version compared to the iOS and Android. Remember Instagram Beta ? Yes, this is going the same path.

Love Phonly - The coolest RSS reader in the store.

Lance_WPCentral

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
Yes i definitely agree, no flipping and just scrolling makes the app look pathetic in front of iOS and Android. I saw the video posted by Mark on the WPCentral blog highlighting the differences between the WP and iOS app. There were a couple of noticeable differences which makes the app look inferior. People have been waiting patiently since a long long time and when they get this kind of an app its definitely going to irritate them. But that's how Windows Phone is.

Over time I'm sure they are going to improve it and get it in line with iOS and Android but when ?? That I can't predict. :smile: By the way which phone are you moving to ?

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
What's wrong with Instagram Beta? I like it. :) Of course I'm a very casual Instagram user.

I still say Scrollboard is better than Slideboard for a Flipboard derogatory name. :p And I agree that the app seems pretty lousy in comparison to the Android and iOS versions, but still seems very usable. Just odd that they couldn't get it to do something more interesting than scroll...

hallam555

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I will be getting the iPhone 6. Had a look at one yesterday and it's the first iPhone that actually looks nice plus the bigger screen is the big seller too.

I've always been envious of their apps and the OS is nice, a little confusing but I'll get the hang of it in no time.

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I will be getting the iPhone 6. Had a look at one yesterday and it's the first iPhone that actually looks nice plus the bigger screen is the big seller too.

I've always been envious of their apps and the OS is nice, a little confusing but I'll get the hang of it in no time.

I understand the app envy. Went to a bar tonight and they used the Rockbot app as a jukebox for music. Sure would've been fun to have for WP.
But the iPhone 6 looks like crap, pardon my French. The OS is boring, confusing and the phone looks horrible. But those apps sure would be nice. :(

segasaturn

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
I just recently tried out Android and the Flipboard app experience was indeed very nice. But I just couldn't take the plain and boring *** interface. It's literally the dullest thing I've ever used. There is more to the use and enjoyment of a phone than apps.

Madam ImAdam

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
I agree that the Windows Phone experience is always somehow inferior compared to the offerings on other platforms. Everyday, there seems to be some small thing about using this OS that I find to a bit too irritating.

Like today's minor frustration: three of my medium tiles are gone... simply gone! and I cant remember what they were, as I don't have a recent screen grab to help me recall the (fairly complicated customized) start screens I have developed over the last year. Its just another part of a daily annoyance with this OS that I never had to deal with on iOS.

Aresjr21

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
A news aggregator that is suppose to allow users to design the information as though a magazine and "flip pages." In short summary.

hallam555

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I just recently tried out Android and the Flipboard app experience was indeed very nice. But I just couldn't take the plain and boring *** interface. It's literally the dullest thing I've ever used. There is more to the use and enjoyment of a phone than apps.

A good quality phone should be useable, practical but most of all in todays world will live or die by the quality of its apps and I agree with you to a point, the windows phone OS has its great points that are better than its competitors but it fails miserably on the quality of its apps and that is what I cannot take any longer, investing in potential that seems to only ever be just that.

akthelonelyman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
What's the big fuss..i mean if only thing that we are concerned its user experience ' next gen reader' offers full functionality of an android flipboard... And converge its a pretty good app too... I'm pretty happy with app choices I have...
Sent from my NOKIA 1520 using Tapatalk

Aresjr21

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
A good quality phone should be useable, practical but most of all in todays world will live or die by the quality of its apps and I agree with you to a point, the windows phone OS has its great points that are better than its competitors but it fails miserably on the quality of its apps and that is what I cannot take any longer, investing in potential that seems to only ever be just that.

Interesting point you make, however not everyone cares enough about apps. If app quality was the live or die be all to phones no one will own a Windows Phone. Everyone will abandon ship immediately and flock to Android. At the same time if the quality of the app is poor that has nothing to do with MSFT, it is it's developer problem. That is the same as me going to the cinema and watching a terrible movie and blaming the theatre for hosting such trash. Or it's like me blaming my pc manufacturer because the developer of a video game didn't optimize it's game good enough for my rig.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo