Flipboard.....oh no, you mean slideboard!!!

Byrese

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
A good quality phone should be useable, practical but most of all in todays world will live or die by the quality of its apps and I agree with you to a point, the windows phone OS has its great points that are better than its competitors but it fails miserably on the quality of its apps and that is what I cannot take any longer, investing in potential that seems to only ever be just that.

This will change with W10. Seriously! Now developers can focus on making one app across the platforms. This is what they were waiting for.

forked

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Apps are not the be all end all of OSes for everybody. Some of us are just fine with a superior OS (IMO) even if the apps are lagging behind. If apps are it for somebody, I'm not sure why they wouldn't stick with iOS or Android.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Someone here turned me onto this app Dailyaha. Its a very nice news aggregator for Windows Phone and Windows 8.1 ModernUI and it has page turn technology built in. It is in many ways nicer than Flipflop board on the platform.

Aleksandar Andreev

Sep 17, 2014
Visit site
So,at the end of the day if we don`t like a certain app,we have to change the OS that`s what I get from the author.There are a lot of apps that are missing on WP,some that are in the store has poor quality,true all of it,but please be serious,changing everything just because a single app is not having the same feel that it has on other OS,i don`t get that.There are enough replacements that can deliver the same result(some of them already mentioned),a lot of iOS or Android users will say,"yes but I am used to those specific apps,and they are missing on WP platform and I can`t,or won`t change for that reason".I disagree,why?Simple,for me choosing a smartphone these days is a very complexed mix of 1.software(OS,and how it is optimized to work with a certain hardware),2.hardware(based on what I need),3.design(when I pay 400-500 euros for a phone it is important as well),4.user experience(meaning I have to like the overall performance plus design),5.camera(not a very importan feature for me,but for most of us it is a huge one),6.Apps,here is when MS are behind but they are working hard to bring us more apps and more quality,it was already mentioned that MS are not guilty for the quality of some of the apps,so it`s not only apps,for me WP and especially Lumia devices meet 5 out of 6 of my requirements for a good smartphone.That means that if I have to change one or two apps and find a replacement,i`m fine with that.

hallam555

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
So,at the end of the day if we don`t like a certain app,we have to change the OS that`s what I get from the author.There are a lot of apps that are missing on WP,some that are in the store has poor quality,true all of it,but please be serious,changing everything just because a single app is not having the same feel that it has on other OS,i don`t get that.There are enough replacements that can deliver the same result(some of them already mentioned),a lot of iOS or Android users will say,"yes but I am used to those specific apps,and they are missing on WP platform and I can`t,or won`t change for that reason".I disagree,why?Simple,for me choosing a smartphone these days is a very complexed mix of 1.software(OS,and how it is optimized to work with a certain hardware),2.hardware(based on what I need),3.design(when I pay 400-500 euros for a phone it is important as well),4.user experience(meaning I have to like the overall performance plus design),5.camera(not a very importan feature for me,but for most of us it is a huge one),6.Apps,here is when MS are behind but they are working hard to bring us more apps and more quality,it was already mentioned that MS are not guilty for the quality of some of the apps,so it`s not only apps,for me WP and especially Lumia devices meet 5 out of 6 of my requirements for a good smartphone.That means that if I have to change one or two apps and find a replacement,i`m fine with that.

Haha i ain't changing because of a single app... Ever heard of the straw that broke the camels back????

I have been in since my Samsung Omnia 7 and basically have had enough. Remember Steve Ballmer going mad on stage "developers developers developers developers developers...." Developers make apps, apps drive the mobile smartphone world, apples and androids market share is proof of that. I repeat the windows phone OS suits me down to the ground, love it!! I'm just tired of using 3rd grade unofficial poor applications.

hallam555

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
IPhone 6 64 GB ordered today on Vodaphone UK. Still own my Lumia 920 so will keep up to speed on Windows Phone but will see how I get on with the "app friendly" iPhone!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb