Petition for YouTube app for WP

awilliams1701

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
The website works fine. I have metrotube. I haven't used it in a while, but it worked last time I did. Granted an official app would be good, but since the website works I'm ok with the current situation.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
the next version of WP will be Windows 10. Will this unified OS thingy bring us closer to Google services?

The lack of official Google apps on WP is not a technical issue. It's a business decision that Google made and will stick to until it makes sense to change. From Google's point of view, universal apps won't change anything about the current business situation, so it won't change anything about app availability either.

fadi dababneh1

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
If you guys want i could write a tutorial on how to install the official youtube app that we had on windows store that google took away it is easy and simple and could be done by anyone

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
If you guys want i could write a tutorial on how to install the official youtube app that we had on windows store that google took away it is easy and simple and could be done by anyone

That's a good idea! I already did it (I have a developer account), and it's a great app. I'm sure a lot of users here would like it as well.

Sent from whatever device I happen to be using today using Tapatalk

ChinuKabi

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Let's hack into the Google's developer account for Windows phone and upload our YouTube so from them. You think I am evil, Google it's evil too. Just a crazy idea

fadi dababneh1

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
I'll be also attaching the YouTube app that I use. If u guys want this please tell me I don't want to write the tutorial for no one. Have a great day every one :)

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I hate to be a downer, I don't see how a petition will bring about the attention that is needed about Googles anti competitive behaviour. There must have been countless petitions done before and Google has made it clear in their actions they are looking after Number one - themselves. They would much prefer to see the world run on chromebooks and android devices as it means they can farm an "infinite" resource to sell. They would rather kill windows phone whilst it is still growing then give it any "assistance" for it to grow, which is why they will never stop developing for IOS devices.

Sure pretty much every other company does it (i.e facebook - why do you think their stock is worth so much yet they don't sell a single product to the average consumer) however not all of them make it their sole business to know everything about you (I imagine Google would want to even know more than your white blood cell count if they could).

There are people who say let them look, I have nothing to hide - fair enough however at what point do you draw the line? -
Targeted adverts on your toaster? on your child's diaper / nappy (look up smart nappy)?

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Hey thats a cool phone! Does it have YouTube? No but is has third party you.... Does it have candy crush? No. Clash of clans? No. I'm not getting that then. It's just those three missing. Official YouTube, clash of clans and candy crush. Those three will mean loads of people will switch to WP. When people say it has no apps it means that there are apps that are missing for them. When these apps come they will have no excuses. Let's just at least try a petition. If we hated google so much why are some of us using android lol. Please guys. Just try!

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
We don't need it..we have metrotube..if app works well then third party is just the another word. At least, I wont go for this petition as its for google and I hate it from the scratch because of its bossy attitude! I recently signed petition for instagram updates because they at least have their app ported here. Nothing is going to change with this, because deaf can hear us someday but Google wont!

AntiAB

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
I agree to the petition for Clash of Clans . We need SuperCell if windows is going to be taken seriously. And unfortunately Youtube as well. I hate 3rd party apps.

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Ok guys, we really need to do something about Google's anticompetitive practices, so I was thinking about a petition that will hurt a little and will worry the people at Google. A petition that will really force Google to do something.
Long story short, at the end of the petition, the people that signed it, would say they are not going to use one or more of Google's services untill there's an usable YTube app made by google.

I need this:
Someone that knows the law to help me write the petition
Someone to make the petition site
A lot of people with mass media connections ( we really need to be promoted if we want to get a lot of signatures)
All the feedback and support you could give.

So? What do you say? Can we pull this off together?

No offense but this is a complete waste of time. Google is under no obligation to release apps for any platform. As such, this sort of thing comes of (at best) as silly. At worst, it draws undue attention to a personal inconvenience as if it is a fatal flaw in WP. To get straight to the point, petitions are useless and there are absolutely no grounds for a class action suit. Quite frankly, it is the equivalent of saying you want to sue Apple for not making OSX for Windows or Microsoft for not releasing full Office for Chrome or Linux. If you even found a lawyer who would take such a case, you would be lucky if it was only dismissed with a stern warning about frivolous litigation. As far as a petition goes, it will get filed with all the rest; with filed being a euphemism for laughed at, possibly pinned up on a wall as a joke, and then tossed.

If you choose WP you accept certain limitations that will exist unless and until it reaches a certain user base and even then Google will probably not proceed with anything more than a limited app. YouTube is also really not essential to anyone's life. It is not as if they are withholding technology to allow wireless phones to be accurately tracked by 911. It is an entertainment service. In fact, it is also one you can still access from the web even if you don't like the limitations.

Beyond anything else, you also seem to think that a petition will get Google to decide that their successful (albeit often ethically and morally bankrupt) business practices should be changed. Sorry but other than being a slogan on a wall, they ditched "do no evil" a long time ago. You would probably have as much chance of succeeding if you asked Ayn Rand (if she was still alive) to volunteer at a homeless shelter or donate money to a fund to end poverty. If you don't get the reference, look her up. BTW, if there is someone out there for whom it really is essential, you made a poor choice in phones.

Last edited:

ShinraCorp

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
You can make a lawsuit but it will be baseless and basically rejected by the court. Youtube allows anyone to develop an app that uses their service so Youtube is "open" to every platform imaginable. Yeah sure what Google did to the Microsoft made Youtube app was a **** move but honestly the ones on Windows Phone are superb, Metrotube and myTube comes to mind.

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I've used official yt on android and it doesn't have the same playback abilities that mytube has. So I'm actually fine with no official app.

anon(9057135)

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
So you guys are going to whine to Google Inc. Because you want "official apps"? You can't force a company to make apps for a phone they don't own. Plus Windows Phone is Three Percent of Smartphone users. Also, clients are always better.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss