Petition for YouTube app for WP

Cristian_Dan

May 29, 2013
Visit site
Ok guys, we really need to do something about Google's anticompetitive practices, so I was thinking about a petition that will hurt a little and will worry the people at Google. A petition that will really force Google to do something.
Long story short, at the end of the petition, the people that signed it, would say they are not going to use one or more of Google's services untill there's an usable YTube app made by google.

I need this:
Someone that knows the law to help me write the petition
Someone to make the petition site
A lot of people with mass media connections ( we really need to be promoted if we want to get a lot of signatures)
All the feedback and support you could give.

So? What do you say? Can we pull this off together?

Cristian_Dan

May 29, 2013
Visit site
kayroccs ... because YT is the only service we have no alternative to in WP ... the rest are available (in a way or another)

Bodeanicus ... I don't think we can do that. We have no right. But we can do what I said upper :wink: ... And maybe it will hurt them more to see people going away from google services than to be sued.

Last edited by a moderator:

FAHMI BASSEM

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
It's really hard to not use any of Google's services, Google I'd everywhere, I can stop using their services for some time, two weeks maximum.
+ why not choosing one day, all of us will stop using their services.

kayroccs

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
kayroccs ... because YT is the only service we have no alternative to in WP ... the rest are available (in a way or another)

that's the issue. too many alternatives. users are not gunna jump on board because its not the official app. we need official apps and we would not have issues like these.

Cristian_Dan

May 29, 2013
Visit site
Yep Fahmi ... We could do that if not using Google's service is too hard, we just have to have first a lot of people signing the petition so that Google will see there are people out there against what are they doing.

Stefan Holder

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Haven't we been through this countless times before? Google I'd not gonna bring their official apps to Windows phone anytime soon. Lets give this a rest now. There are tons of equally good third party YouTube apps in the store. Hell, check out Tubecast. It even has the floating video player as the official app. Plus you can even cast to your tv set etc.. Lets move on from this topic of google plz... Google is being a *****..accept it, move on, enjoy your device. If you need Google's services, then get iOS or android.

Cristian_Dan

May 29, 2013
Visit site
No, I don't need G services, I'm not using one of them. It's just there are a lot of people not wanting Win Phone just because there's no YT app.
Google is never going to do anything about WP ... but we can try ... why not? You think they won't care if they lose some users just because they can't make an app?

Stefan Holder

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
I hear what you're saying, but the fact is that "there are in fact YouTube apps on Windows phone". Just not an official one. So tell those folks on the fence that they can still indulge in their YouTube fetish merrily on Windows phone. It's all about selling the platform we love.. Imma be like, " hey you want YouTube? We got you.." Then fire up Metrotube, Mytube, Toib, Tubecast etc and blow their minds...

unnatixlr8

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I support WP not google. Let them do whatever they want. We have metrotube, mytube, toib and many better 3rd party apps.
I have used the official android app and it kinda sucks. It forces you to watch ads every single time you watch a famous video. The same goes to Facebook app on Android, will show you ad post.

What we have here is not perfect but can be improved.

So better support those hard working devs. We don't negotiate with Google.

stevemind

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Don't think petitions are worth much these day( unless its in its billions or a major vip is involved) metro tube blows anything googles got.....just use what we have and be happy.........thats the best way to upset google AND DONT USE ANDROID!

Cristian_Dan

May 29, 2013
Visit site
Yep you're right ... but if we can win this one against Google ... we can win other apps later maybe.

But I think it doesn't worth the trouble

undulose

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
There are a lot of flaws with the OP's reasoning. First, there are a lot of alternative YouTube apps in WP. They even allow us to DL those vids!

Next is that the absence of an official YouTube app is not the reason why a lot of people doesn't use WP; it's the lack of Google services in general. Actually, you're the first person I come to know that has that kind of rant. And it's kinda bit selfish and childish if you're ranting only about YouTube and not the whole Google services package.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
If you can find a way to address their advertisers, you will encourage the decisions at google. It would be great if you could get the ear of those in the EU taking an anti-trust, anti-competitive angle. American politicians cost about $122.50 each to own outright and Google owns a good chunk of them so its probably a better move to start at the EU. What do they do there? Would a petition actually work there or something else?

As an aside, there are other video services around. Maybe a move to support them is the direction.

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
Many petitions have come before, many requests have been made, Google will not agree on making a YouTube app for Windows Phone, sorry.

undulose

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
To induce hope among you guys, the next version of WP will be Windows 10. Will this unified OS thingy bring us closer to Google services? But I don't wanna lose my YouTube HD app!

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb