Is there a 2-factor password authenticator app for both WP & Android?

pseudoware

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I switch phones once in awhile. Does anyone know of an app to get 2-factor auth passwords that will work w/both WP & Android?

Or do I need to get pwds via text msg? Thanks.
Sent from my Nokia 909 using Tapatalk

bradbamford

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Re: Is there a 2-factor password authenticator app for both WP & Android?

You can add your Microsoft outlook multifactor to the Google Authenticator app you got from the Play store.
Likewise, you can add your Google multifactor to the Microsoft Authenticator app you can get in the Store.
You can add as many accounts as you have to either app.

pseudoware

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site

I'm trying to get this working on two devices simultaneously.

Google accounts only support one authenticator app at a time. Looks like MS is the same:

"Once you complete this setup, any codes generated by the Authenticator app you set up previously will stop working. Are you sure you want to continue?"

ocdtrekkie

May 7, 2014
Visit site

I'm trying to get this working on two devices simultaneously.

Google accounts only support one authenticator app at a time. Looks like MS is the same:

"Once you complete this setup, any codes generated by the Authenticator app you set up previously will stop working. Are you sure you want to continue?"

Scan the QR code on both phones before you "complete" the setup by typing a code into the website. In most cases, the QR code continues to be able to set up your authenticator on devices if you printed it or something like that. But generally you don't want to keep that crud lying around.

anon(9057135)

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site

Lol. Talking about Windows and Android, has a Apple avatar 😆
Posted Via Tapatalk for Windows Phone.

pseudoware

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site

Brad's advice works well. It's funny (or not), Google says their 2-factor auth only supports phone platforms listed, and WP is not there.

In the end, it didn't matter, both phones display the same code for each account I've set up. I like the progress bar the MS app uses better than the lame clocks on Google's app.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

anon(9057135)

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site

Brad's advice works well. It's funny (or not), Google says their 2-factor auth only supports phone platforms listed, and WP is not there.

In the end, it didn't matter, both phones display the same code for each account I've set up. I like the progress bar the MS app uses better than the lame clocks on Google's app.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Lol i moved from android so i think opposite :p Android 5.0is awesome and i plan to get a android Secondary phone :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb