[Opinions] Which Windows Phone apps need the most improvement?

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
....... I'm very much for quality but not so much for using words like "pathetic" and "crap" in describing the work of devs. I would choose to constructively criticise an app not what some people are doing here. As someone who's never written a line of code in my life, I try to filter my vocabulary in criticising an app.

Very well said. Thank you.

RobinPaul

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Whatsapp, Facebook, Instragram & Skype (no snapchat) and games like Jetpack Joyride. They are all lacking stuff compared to Android. I know this cause I switched last weekend over to a Galaxy S4, because my HTC 8X broke when I let it fall.

But to behonest I'm glad I switched to a S4. It has all the apps I need and use and even has the Microsoft app I used on my WP and I find them even a little bit better than the ones on a WP.

But hey, that's my opinion. Still love the fluid WP OS, but the lack op app updates compared to Android is what made me change.

​Robin

GSOgymrat

May 15, 2012
Visit site
Kindle. Audible.

You read my mind. I would throw Kobo in there too but I take into consideration they recently released their new app. Honestly, in 2014 is a dictionary too much to ask for?

To not be totally negative I would point out some apps from smaller developers that I really appreciate:

Flickr Central
MoHoo Reader
Poki
ProGym
ProShot

and of course WPCentral!

Last edited:

Beppe Gissi

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
Facebook and Internet Explorer

I love how Facebook looks (it's more beautiful than iOS and droid versions), but it misses some features, it has no options to customize tile and its translation in Italian is hilarious, I think they used Google Translate to translate it lol.

IE just sucks in a lot of ways.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786