Hello everyone, how's it going? :) I hope you're all good. I'm here again to ask you guys if your Twitter app is working fine. A little while ago, we all had those annoying triple/quadruple notifications rememer? I think we got an update that fixed that? I don't know? :c The thing is that now I don't get notified at all. I received only 1 notification today out of... 20? I don't know how many. I checked the phone settings, the in-app settings, everything's as it always was. I used to have to turn them off since I was on Twitter on my PC web browser and all the notifications were ringing on my phone as well. Now I get them on the page, but the app doesn't notify me anymore. Is anyone else having this issue as well? Thanks.
    10-13-2014 08:45 PM
    Are you using the default Twitter app?

I'm using Tweetium for WP8.1 and Windows 8.1, and my notifications are working, and the apps are syncing properly.
    10-14-2014 01:37 AM
    I have the same problem. I had the Lumia 928 and was getting multiple notifications for the same event. Last week I switched to the HTC One M8 and now I am not getting any notifications. Even if the settings allow notifications, it is not showing up in the notifications and actions center. This happens with the native Twitter app, MeTweets, and TweetIt. Facebook notifies me without a problem, though. Verizon says it might be a problem with my device…though I have only had it for a week or so.
    xArgieboy likes this.
    10-14-2014 09:19 PM
    Phew was just coming on here to post the same thing (official Twitter app). Had the annoying multiple notification issue, whinged about it to the Windows Phone Support Twitter account who said they'd pass this on for further investigation, and then for at least the last couple of days I've received no notifications at all from Twitter. Whinged again to the Windows Phone Twitter account so will see what happens!
    10-15-2014 10:01 AM
    I stopped holding my breath. I told Verizon about the issue and they thought it was my handset...not so much. New phone and still nothing. The only thing that I got once was a dm, but since then nada...bloody twitter.
    10-16-2014 05:49 PM
    There was a server side update and you need to login to twitter using IE or any browser and reauthorize your contacts to receive notifications when they tweet and then reinstall twitter on your phone. I tried this and its working as before:)
    10-16-2014 06:19 PM
    Wait what? I uninstall Twitter. Go to Twitter on the web an authorize contacts to receive notifications? How do I do that? The only notifications I see are mobile notifications (text messages) and email notifications. Where do I find authorizations? Thank you for info!
    10-16-2014 09:50 PM
    Reauth means..you need to unfollow and then follow each of your contact on twitter(browser) and log out then. Once done, uninstall and reinstall twitter on your phone and go to each pf your contact and enable/turn on notifications for their tweets. Also, make sure that notification settings are enabled. You should start receiving tweet notifications after that.
    10-17-2014 03:37 AM
    I don't think that is it. If I am thinking of the right thing, all that does is bring up annoying notifications when someone you follow tweets something. Happens on my iPad and I just ended up uninstalling Twitter because I was sick of that option being turned on by default. That doesn't have any impact on Twitter sending notifications when you receive a DM, reply, mention etc.
    10-17-2014 10:25 AM
    Unfollow and follow hundreds of people that I follow on Twitter?? No way!!!
    10-17-2014 10:33 AM
    Absolutely unnecessary (and crazy depending on how many people you follow)!

Re-authorizing rather means going to edit your profile on Twitter, in the Applications menu on the left and delete everything you've authorized that uses your phone or Microsoft account including Windows Phone (for the People Hub) and Twitter for Windows Phone. Then uninstall and reinstall the app and connect with it. The authorization will occur on logon. Remove Twitter from your Microsoft account and re-add it. That should do the the trick (did it for me).

I even removed all the non Windows Phone apps from my profile as a safety precaution. I don't think it's necessary but if you do it, the next time you use them, Twitter will simply ask you to authorize it again.
    devilrex and xArgieboy like this.
    10-17-2014 11:48 AM
    I'm not sure you should even need to reauthorize the app, it's an official twitter app after all. Will give it a go though
    10-18-2014 09:33 AM
    I did that and it worked like a champ. Then i did something stupid and lost it all. But yeah it seems to be something about authorizing accounts.
    10-18-2014 04:49 PM
    I'm not sure you should even need to reauthorize the app, it's an official twitter app after all. Will give it a go though
    Yes but you still give it an authorization token when you log in. If they changed something then maybe the token format changed or something like that.
    10-19-2014 01:05 PM
    I deselected all options on the Twitter website and logged back into the app. Didn't get an option to confirm authorisation but all is working now. Even the multiple notification bug seems to have gone away, so I assume fixing that caused the issue.
    10-30-2014 05:15 AM
    Ok guys, I fixed the issue. Indeed, I had to "revoke" the access of all the apps and stuff from the website, installed Twitter again and that was it. I tried peregrin and it didn't work either, so I guess that was the issue. Now it's all fine.
    dlalonde and BarisKayi like this.
    10-30-2014 06:47 PM
    I don't remember when was the last time I got accurate Twitter notifications from the official app.
    Gonna try dlalonde's advice to see what happens :)
    dlalonde likes this.
    11-02-2014 08:26 PM
    I don't remember when was the last time I got accurate Twitter notifications from the official app.
    Gonna try dlalonde's advice to see what happens :)
    Tell me how that went! ;)
    11-03-2014 05:38 AM
    Absolutely unnecessary (and crazy depending on how many people you follow)!

Re-authorizing rather means going to edit your profile on Twitter, in the Applications menu on the left and delete everything you've authorized that uses your phone or Microsoft account including Windows Phone (for the People Hub) and Twitter for Windows Phone. Then uninstall and reinstall the app and connect with it. The authorization will occur on logon. Remove Twitter from your Microsoft account and re-add it. That should do the the trick (did it for me).

I even removed all the non Windows Phone apps from my profile as a safety precaution. I don't think it's necessary but if you do it, the next time you use them, Twitter will simply ask you to authorize it again.
    Thank You mate, now seems ok! :D
    #Lumia735
    dlalonde likes this.
    12-15-2014 04:14 AM
    So following dlalonde's advice, I was getting all my toast (push) notifications without fail...until about a week ago. Then suddenly I got nothing. Uninstalled the official Twitter app, revoked access from the settings menu on the twitter menu, reinstalled and set my notifications...and it worked...for about three days. Now every day or two, I have to revoke access, uninstall and reinstall. It works, kind of, but it is really annoying to have to keep doing it. I have also installed and set up MeTweets, Teetium, Twabbit, and Tweet It! and I am not getting any notifications, unless it is a direct mention or DM, but no push(?)/toast notifications. Really annoying.
    12-28-2014 12:33 PM
    I think push notifications come from MS servers right? Maybe thats the problem there :@
    12-29-2014 04:15 AM
    I think push notifications come from MS servers right? Maybe thats the problem there :@
    No it also stopped working on my Android. The problem is with Twitter for sure.
    12-30-2014 08:33 AM