10 months ago I set out redesigning my mom's really outdated restaurant webpage with a few simple things in mind:

Fun, bright and vibrant colors
    Simple & Easy to navigate
    Easy to read on small screens
    Finger friendly for small touchscreens
    Make it feel like an app for phones/tablets

I'm not actually the one that coded the whole thing. I just designed everything from photoshop and gave it to a webdesigner to copy.
    Obviously, Windows Metro UI was a huge influence. When you view it on a phone, the tiles reorient themselves. Unintentionally, the mobile page works the best on windows phones My webdesigner used his Android to test everything. The page went live in June.
    I am most proud of how it works and looks on a phone. Full web view is perfect on an iPad/Surface Pro 3

Basically for those of you looking for webdesign and app design (For all 4 ecosystems) for your business, you can kill 5 birds with one stone with a carefully planned webpage layout. I do recognize that the webpage may seem the most "awkward" on a PC since everything is adjusted for mobile viewing but those are the pros and cons of budget work like this. Oh yeah, we didn't have a very big budget ( we are still a Mom & Pop kind of restaurant) which is why I did all the imaging work and fed it to a web designer.

I know the design is a little unorthodox in terms of "Normal" webpage design for a restaurant so please be nice in the comments. I recommend viewing it on your phone to see the whole point of the design intentions. It just feels right.

Here is the webpage:
    Feast From The East | Los Angeles, CA
    Nakia Johnson1 likes this.
    10-25-2014 11:57 PM
    10 months ago I set out redesigning my mom's really outdated restaurant webpage with a few simple things in mind:

Fun, bright and vibrant colors
    Simple & Easy to navigate
    Easy to read on small screens
    Finger friendly for small touchscreens
    Make it feel like an app for phones/tablets

I'm not actually the one that coded the whole thing. I just designed everything from photoshop and gave it to a webdesigner to copy.
    Obviously, Windows Metro UI was a huge influence. When you view it on a phone, the tiles reorient themselves. Unintentionally, the mobile page works the best on windows phones My webdesigner used his Android to test everything. The page went live in June.
    I am most proud of how it works and looks on a phone. Full web view is perfect on an iPad/Surface Pro 3

Basically for those of you looking for webdesign and app design (For all 4 ecosystems) for your business, you can kill 5 birds with one stone with a carefully planned webpage layout. I do recognize that the webpage may seem the most "awkward" on a PC since everything is adjusted for mobile viewing but those are the pros and cons of budget work like this. Oh yeah, we didn't have a very big budget ( we are still a Mom & Pop kind of restaurant) which is why I did all the imaging work and fed it to a web designer.

I know the design is a little unorthodox in terms of "Normal" webpage design for a restaurant so please be nice in the comments. I recommend viewing it on your phone to see the whole point of the design intentions. It just feels right.

Here is the webpage:
    Feast From The East | Los Angeles, CA
    Nice!
    10-26-2014 12:00 AM
    The metro styleg is awosme because I'm an app dev and I no need to take creating a new design I just follow the desing of metro! Love it!
    Nakia Johnson1 likes this.
    10-26-2014 12:39 AM