MetroMail & Security

Kanishka

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
How securre do you believe your logins/passwords are when using a third party client like MetroMail.
Have any of you had email accounts spammed or hacked since using this app?
I need an all in one email client that I can use with multiple Gmail/Yahoo/hotmail accounts and this and the native app seem like the only two which can do that.

Also, is there a way to link inboxes in MetroMail?

Appreciate your input

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I believe MS reviews every app before it gets published in the store. However, I have also read (can't remember if it was from MS) that users should be careful in using third-party email clients (or any third-party app which asks for your password... even password lockers). For this reason, I have uninstalled a certain app that "unifies your cloud accounts into one" and changed my account passwords for them - it's not worth the risk.

As for you, it's now a question of if you really need it against the risk you're taking.

amitnahar

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
How securre do you believe your logins/passwords are when using a third party client like MetroMail.

Have any of you had email accounts spammed or hacked since using this app?

I need an all in one email client that I can use with multiple Gmail/Yahoo/hotmail accounts and this and the native app seem like the only two which can do that.

Also, is there a way to link inboxes in MetroMail?

Appreciate your input

Metromail is pretty much safe. There was a Google Voice app from the same dev. It doesn't steal passwords. It redirects you to gmail login page instead of doing it inapp.

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Wanted to know if live tile notification works for anyone? In fact, I get an unknown error message when I turn live tile option for email accounts. Any suggestions?

nakialj

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Wanted to know if live tile notification works for anyone? In fact, I get an unknown error message when I turn live tile option for email accounts. Any suggestions?

I get a unknown error when I try to set notifications from MetroMail, I don't know if there is a bug or what.

anon8855939

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Metromail is pretty much safe. There was a Google Voice app from the same dev. It doesn't steal passwords. It redirects you to gmail login page instead of doing it inapp.

Yes you are right. AFAIK no app can open a web login page from its own directory in windows phone.

apoelin

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys. MetroMail dev here.

Regarding security: I'll just say that nowhere on the internet, you'll find any complaints for either MetroTalk (now removed) or MetroMail. I can discuss with details who anyone that wants to, but the simple story is that the app never sees your credentials, and it's doing everything needed to keep you safe.

Regarding notifications, here's an email I've been sending today to users; I apologize for the inconvenience:

Unfortunately due to personal reasons, I had to take a long break from mobile app development over the last several weeks. MetroMail is a one-person project, thus that effectively meant suspending any work for the app. During that time, the notification system ran into several issues, and that is the reason for the problems that you have experienced.

The good news is that I am hoping to return back to developing soon. The notification system is already back at normal operation, so if you had any issues before, please try disabling/re-enabling the live tile option again now. There are still issues that need to be addressed, but it should be a much smoother experience from now on. I expect over the next few weeks to work on improving the stability of the whole system.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo