Need Xbox Music help

GSOgymrat

May 15, 2012
Visit site
Recently the Music app on my 1520 stopped synching playlists with my Surface or PC. I can create playlists on the phone and they will synch with my PC and Surface but playlists created on my Surface or PC will not synch with my phone. I have tried soft reset and reinstalling the Music phone app from the website but it didn't fix the problem. Any suggestions?

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
And how many devices do you have, there it's an upper limit of four, you can manage what ones from your account.

GSOgymrat

May 15, 2012
Visit site
I have one account and I have not added any devices. It is odd that if I create a playlist on the phone it synchs to Surface and PC but not vice versa. Apparently there is no way to uninstall Xbox Music on WP and reinstall.

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
So it used to work but now doesn't?

Not really a playlist user so not my strongest point on XBM.

And you don't have to add any devices, if you use it each device you use is automatically added, if you are on four devices and try to add another it will not work on the next device, not saying that is the issue but worth logging into your account and checking.

Xbox One's don't count as they only stream, for example I have XBM on a desktop, laptop, Surface Pro and my 1520, and I have an Xbox One, if I added another, either it or one of the other devices would stop working.

Bob

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I noticed this problem this week end. I was making playlists on my Surface RT and was wondering why they were not showing up on my phone. .. even after app restarts. So I soft rest my lumia 928 and when it came up the play lists were there. Sounds like another bug they need to work on.

GSOgymrat

May 15, 2012
Visit site
I've tried soft reset a couple of times. I have also tried connecting to my PC and synching playlist without success. I am trying to avoid a hard reset.

GSOgymrat

May 15, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestion. I didn't know about the Twitter service and I don't have a Twitter account. I tried going to the Microsoft support website but the only solution recommended was factory reset and I was trying to avoid that. I was hoping someone on here might have found and easier solution. I've done factory reset in the past and it is a huge pain.

GSOgymrat

May 15, 2012
Visit site
Just an update: I went to a Microsoft Store and the tech guy there said that other people have reported this problem, it is a result of one of the app updates and a fix isn't yet available.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3