Kakaotalk - New App for WP8.1 coming soon!

simonnyc

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I noticed recently an update to kakaotalk changed the name of the app to 'KakaoTalk for WP7'.

Now I know why...

Hi Ka?Talkers,
We are here to let you know about big changes in KakaoTalk for Windows Phone that will lead to a splitting of the app versions. The upcoming Windows Phone 8.1 has different specifications from earlier versions of Windows Phone OS. In light of this, we decided that two tailor-made versions of KakaoTalk would provide a better user experience.

And a great experience is what Kakao Team believes in most!

Therefore, for users with Windows Phone 7 and 8.0 will continue to use their versions of KakaoTalk as ?KakaoTalk for WP7.? Those using Windows Phone 8.1 will need to download the new version of KakaoTalk.

Once again :)

here?s an overview of the different versions:
All Windows Phone users? KakaoTalk apps will be changed/renamed as KakaoTalk for WP7.
If you are using Windows 7 or 8, please continue to use this version.
The soon-to-be-released version of KakaoTalk for Windows Phone 8.1 will be, simply, KakaoTalk.

chobo2

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
I noticed recently an update to kakaotalk changed the name of the app to 'KakaoTalk for WP7'.

Now I know why...

Hi Ka’Talkers,
We are here to let you know about big changes in KakaoTalk for Windows Phone that will lead to a splitting of the app versions. The upcoming Windows Phone 8.1 has different specifications from earlier versions of Windows Phone OS. In light of this, we decided that two tailor-made versions of KakaoTalk would provide a better user experience.

And a great experience is what Kakao Team believes in most!

Therefore, for users with Windows Phone 7 and 8.0 will continue to use their versions of KakaoTalk as “KakaoTalk for WP7.” Those using Windows Phone 8.1 will need to download the new version of KakaoTalk.

Once again :)

here’s an overview of the different versions:
All Windows Phone users’ KakaoTalk apps will be changed/renamed as KakaoTalk for WP7.
If you are using Windows 7 or 8, please continue to use this version.
The soon-to-be-released version of KakaoTalk for Windows Phone 8.1 will be, simply, KakaoTalk.

Yes, I noticed that as well. I was like I did not remember it being "for WP7". I am very excited to see this new release but wish they gave a date and not "soon"

Lance_WPCentral

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
Ok that's great news. Windows Phone 7 users can continue using the existing app and WP 8.1 users will get a new experience. Getting updates for official apps always feels good and refreshing. Thanks for the heads up !

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs