Why aren't my WhatsApp images showing up in image gallery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

prashantperk

Jun 23, 2016
Visit site
Why Whatsapp ( Profile Pictures) Folder not showing.

I have a peculiar scenario with the Whatsapp Profile Pictures folder. Previously the Profile Pictures of contacts which I view used to get stored inside Whatsapp Profile Pictures folder. One day I UPDATE my Whatsapp. From then the folder went missing but I am able to view the pictures even if the mobile is offline. Don't know where it is now saving the images. I have also checked if the folder was hidden. Even if I recreate the folder it is not storing the images in that folder. I have also reinstalled the application. Does whatsapp store the images in any other format or location other than storing in the default folder.

Angela Bernard

Jul 27, 2016
Visit site
Re: WhatsApp images are not showing up in image gallery.

Previously all WhatsApp images were showing in Others folder while the images are stored under WhatsApp folder though when i check through PC or Files app. After the latest WhatsApp update the images are getting stored but it is not showing in the Pictures gallery, but i can see them in all photos but not in Albums.

daimv

May 21, 2015
Visit site

Also check that in your WhatsApp settings the option to save pictures to gallery is set.

Smangele Taylor

Nov 6, 2016
Visit site
Re: WhatsApp images are ot showing up in image gallery.

Previously all WhatsApp images were showing in Others folder while the images are stored under WhatsApp folder though when i check through PC or Files app. After the latest WhatsApp update the images are getting stored but it is not showing in the Pictures gallery, but i can see them in all photos but not in Albums.

Peter Paul Acquah

Dec 9, 2016
Visit site

I am facing the same issue. I upgraded my Whatsapp on my Windows 8.1. I cant see whatsapp pictures, but they get stored in memory card and can be accessed in PC. Please let us know if someone has found a fix for it...:unhappy:

This is the solution,
Open yur WhatsApp app
Go to settings
Click on chats and notifications
Then allow (switch) save incoming media .
Finished ,,,,
Good luck

Jamshed Washmen

Apr 7, 2017
Visit site

I am facing the same issue but the one thing is deference
So that is when I check my all photos it's not show on all photos and also in album
But when I will check what's app media then 1000 photos are showing so I need to all delete but how if it's not showing in image
Than how I delete also my mobile storage will low

rimjhim sahoo

Aug 15, 2017
Visit site
I tried many things like uninstall..reinstalling .. Removing the WhatsApp folder from PC I.e cutting the folder n pasting in PC .. Several Restarts. .. Finally i fixed it lately .. But I can't say which is exact fix ..last thing I remember doing after I rolled back all the above changes was I renamed the WhatsApp folder name from Files app n when new media came automatically it created a new folder with WhatsApp name n started showing in albums too n so after that I moved all my media from the renamed folder .. Everything is fine now.

Thanks that really helped!!!!

Hena Jarl

Dec 5, 2018
Visit site

Which version are you using either it is gbwhatsapp or the first one? It also depends upon the settings you have choose to save images.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon