Interesting response from American Airlines regarding their Windows Phone app

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
That seems to suggest they were seeing low usage numbers so on that level they had a reason to pull it. At the end of the day you can still fly with a paper boarding pass so no big deal.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Even if numbers are low, then why remove it entirely. Abandon it if you must but removing it seems overkill as you go from low usage to no usage

mj0

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
Maybe they found a serious security problem with their Windows Phone app and decided the few users on Windows Phone aren't worth the effort and resources necessary to fix the app?

Either way, I fly regularly but have never used any airline's app in order to do so. Neither do I use train service apps for mobile tickets, I simply don't trust these things. Way too often have I seen others struggle with their mobile tickets on the train. Paper beats smartphone anytime.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
It's a tough spot for them really. They obviously don't feel they have the resources to support the app. If they pull it from the store, the few customers who did use it will get mad it's not available. If they leave it in the store, the few customers who do use it will be complaining in 6 months that it hasn't been updated. In addition, as a company do you really want an official app and service floating around that you can't support? I don't blame them for pulling it.

Last edited:

Jessica Wood2

Jan 14, 2015
Visit site
Now the AA website has a message that there is a new app for Windows phones, but it won't work for mine. No list of windows phones that it does work on

KeegdnaB42

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
As I have said since the app was pulled, this has everything to do with the merger. US Airways' penny-pinching CEO is running the show now and I have no reason to believe this wasn't on him. This is the guy who tried to charge for water.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans