Snapchat team is blocking who uses third-party app

vc-10

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
They locked me again today, and I unlocked it. 2nd time this has happened. I've tweeted my disgust at them. Damn annoying.

Ordeith

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I now know people that are getting locked permanently. They won't unlock.
Hell of a thing to do just before Christmas. If we could only get people of all platforms to switch to another service en mass.

Ordeith

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
The latest:

Unlock My Account

We're sorry your account got locked. Snapchat has automated systems that try to detect when accounts are being used for things like spam.

Unfortunately, sometimes legitimate accounts get locked by mistake.

We are sorry, you are unable to unlock your account at this time.

fluffyowl

May 17, 2014
Visit site
Snapchat is being unreasonable in my opinion. They're just too lazy to build a public API so they block everyone using 3rd party apps. They're also clearly ignoring the WP community. :/ *sighs*

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I will never understand the love for SnapChat.

Beyond that, I will never understand how so many people think they're entitled to use SnapChat on a platform that SnapChat does not support, using an app that reverse-engineered SnapChat's protocols. Especially after being told by SnapChat to knock it off.

BeatSync

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
I will never understand the love for SnapChat.

Beyond that, I will never understand how so many people think they're entitled to use SnapChat on a platform that SnapChat does not support, using an app that reverse-engineered SnapChat's protocols. Especially after being told by SnapChat to knock it off.

I take it you ONLY use first party apps on windows phone, absolutely zero third party. Take away 3rd party apps for Windows Phone that first parties refuse to develop and you will be left with an even bigger gap than what is currently present.

Last edited:

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I take it you ONLY use first party apps on windows phone, absolutely zero third party.

Not necessarily, no. I used 6tag for a while - even paid for the video uploads - but it was a bit more a battery and heat hog than I would have liked.

But my point isn't about third-party apps. My point is about the sense of entitlement some users have about SnapChat when SnapChat has openly said those users aren't supported and aren't even allowed to use the system. SnapChat doesn't owe anyone the use of their service; it's theirs and they get to pick and choose who gets to use it.

JinksyWinksy

Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
Mine got locked permanently today. I guess I can live without it until I switch phones.

How do you know if your account is permanently locked? Provide a screenshot or something? It says my password is incorrect and I've changed it 5 times and it still says that my password is incorrect.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
How do you know if your account is permanently locked? Provide a screenshot or something? It says my password is incorrect and I've changed it 5 times and it still says that my password is incorrect.

They are now sending out emails stating it is a permanent lock. My cousin just got locked today. Of course, he made a new account already so NBD.

JinksyWinksy

Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
They are now sending out emails stating it is a permanent lock. My cousin just got locked today. Of course, he made a new account already so NBD.

What are the odds a lock like that would ever be reverted under the circumstances of 6snap, also - what's happening with my password issue then?

Altonity

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
I also got permanently locked today. There was two warnings where I changed my password and kept using it. Now I will just give up Snapchat. Hopefully there will be official app some day but wouldn't really count on it.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm permanently locked but I'm holding on to it because it will still allow me to view stories. Not about to start making new accounts but hopefully in the future I'll be able to snap again!

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I have a question for those of you whom Snapchat has permanently banned:

After receiving multiple warning and reading about other users who have been banned, what was your motive for continuing to use a 3rd party app? Was the thought that it wouldn't happen to you? Are you planning to never again use Snapchat, if only on principle? It just seems to me that knowing the ban would come, it would be advantageous to stop while your account is still good. That way, you could use it again in the future if they provide a WP app or if you switch platforms. I know you can create a new account later, but that's not a perfect solution.

I'm not trying to challenge or reprimand anyone here. I guess my curiosity is more about psychological reasoning. I don't even use Snapchat so it doesn't affect me at all. But even if I did, I would just use it on my Android since I'm multi platform and have that option.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa