Snapchat team is blocking who uses third-party app

anon(9174535)

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
AFAIK Snapchat have announced a public API but I suspect that it won't be here quick enough to save 6snap, we'll have to wait and see. Might be worth heading here and putting in your vote for Windows Phone:

https://support.snapchat.com/ca/incompatible

You see this is the problem we hope we dont act all of us sure have twitter so why not join us all to complain to snapchat about saving 6snap & support WP someone yesterday create a hashtag #snapchatonwp go all support in in our benifit complaining here in forums wont help we must stand for our selves none we stand for us ����✌️✌️Plus enough slaps every dam platform dumping us even microsoft with office i dont use it but we must stand up

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
You see this is the problem we hope we dont act all of us sure have twitter so why not join us all to complain to snapchat about saving 6snap & support WP someone yesterday create a hashtag #snapchatonwp go all support in in our benifit complaining here in forums wont help we must stand for our selves none we stand for us ����✌️✌️Plus enough slaps every dam platform dumping us even microsoft with office i dont use it but we must stand up

Maybe it's because certain people on here call us "wah wahs", not my words, or whingers if we complain!!!

Last edited:

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I don't get the surprise by so many. Snapchat devs are within their right to block the use of their work product especially since Rudy didn't pay for it nor have permission to build onto it. At the same time it should be clear that WP want to use this app and they should be good sports and allow us in. But if they don't, you get get to steal from them then get incensed when they change the locks.

runamuck83

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I think this tweet from Rudy should demonstrate alone to Snapchat how important having an app for WP should be to them...

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Snapchat recently had a security breach. Wouldn't the move to block 3rd party apps be related to that?

If there's one good reason to use official apps, it's security. Especially apps where credentials (username/password) are required.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Snapchat recently had a security breach. Wouldn't the move to block 3rd party apps be related to that?

If there's one good reason to use official apps, it's security. Especially apps where credentials (username/password) are required.

Except WP doesn't actually have an official Snapchat app though.

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
There is nothing unfair about it. Snapchat is a private business that can support or not support whoever they please. They don't owe anybody anything. I doubt they have a vested interest in blocking users, so there must be a valid reason for doing what they're doing with 3rd party apps. Security maybe?

Careful now, using logic like that around here is gonna get you reported to a mod or something...

jamvng

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Seems like Rudy is telling people to ignore the email.
"https://twitter.com/RudyHuyn/status/533723767973769216"

Maybe he has permission from Snapchat?

Phone Guy 4567

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
Erm...this is a thread about Snapchat, but in it, you're crusading out of context against Google(as usual). For a person who has been extremely vocal about your hate for everything Google, why now are you mad that their services aren't on Windows Phone?

Not to mention MS doesn't seem to care about bringing their own apps to WP first anymore. Back in the day MS pulled this kind of thing and would do the same today if they had the market share. The only reason they're so open and cross platform friendly today is they know they have to be to stay relevant in a multi-platform environment, but they wish they dominated and didn't have to care about being open IMO.

Windrows Phone is a distant third and that's why the apps aren't there, and no one should expect a competitor like Google to help MS.

Visa Declined

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Not to mention MS doesn't seem to care about bringing their own apps to WP first anymore. Back in the day MS pulled this kind of thing and would do the same today if they had the market share. The only reason they're so open and cross platform friendly today is they know they have to be to stay relevant in a multi-platform environment, but they wish they dominated and didn't have to care about being open IMO.

Windrows Phone is a distant third and that's why the apps aren't there, and no one should expect a competitor like Google to help MS.

There isn't a doubt in my mind that Office on Windows Phone will be better than it is on all of the competition. I'll be glad when it is, just so we can put this to rest.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)