Snapchat team is blocking who uses third-party app

KeegdnaB42

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
I got the email a couple weeks ago and nothing became of it but then I switched to my new m8 and got locked. Changed my password and got it back.
Rudy - 1
Snapchat - 0

Angry_Mushroom

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Well... Managed to get locked out. Not sure how the now API was supposed to help, but I'll stay away from snapchat until this silliness is resolved.

T1Cybernetic

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
Just got the email :( Changed my password and all is well in the universe once again!

It seems to me that it's a safety check designed to make sure you are who you say you are, And that is all...

LoveWP55

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
All i keep doing is Tweeting them.

Saying to them please create a Windows Phone App.

(doubt it will make any difference but who knows)

mikey2toes

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
I got the email so I sent them one back telling them untill they bring out an official app I will continue to use the app as its from a trusted developer.

bigmac9374

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
I got my second warning yesterday, changed my password, now it says failed to connect everytime I try an log in. However, my account works on alternative apps. Anyone having similar problems?

mikey2toes

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
So they sent me a generic email and this is what I sent.

As I said in my original message I will continue to use the 6snap app untill you bring out an official app for windows phone. 6snap is from a trusted developer who has worked with Microsoft on several projects and is trusted by windows Phone users all over the world. Rudy huyn has users best interests at heart and understands the importance of user security. He made the app because you (snapchat) have decided not to recognize windows phone as a platform. Not everyone uses IOS or android.

Regards
Mikey2toes
Loyal windows phone user.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss