Snapchat team is blocking who uses third-party app

Altonity

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
I got two warnings and then permanent ban. I decided to continue after warnings. I just wanted to see what happens and since I have no option than keep using and risk ban or stop using since I only own WP I decided to risk it. Now I am permanently banned and I can make new account if official app ever happens but I find that so unlikely that I am not even considering it. Snapchat sadly doesn't care about WP. I will certainly began using Snapchat again if option comes to WP.

Auric Jarrel

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
I have a question for those of you whom Snapchat has permanently banned:

After receiving multiple warning and reading about other users who have been banned, what was your motive for continuing to use a 3rd party app? Was the thought that it wouldn't happen to you? Are you planning to never again use Snapchat, if only on principle? It just seems to me that knowing the ban would come, it would be advantageous to stop while your account is still good. That way, you could use it again in the future if they provide a WP app or if you switch platforms. I know you can create a new account later, but that's not a perfect solution.

I'm not trying to challenge or reprimand anyone here. I guess my curiosity is more about psychological reasoning. I don't even use Snapchat so it doesn't affect me at all. But even if I did, I would just use it on my Android since I'm multi platform and have that option.

We don't have that option like you do. This is our only avenue. Also, we know by now that an official app for wp may not ever happen considering their history of cancelling apps for the platform

T1Cybernetic

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
I was blocked again too :( Sucks.

In the meantime I am using BlueStacks to access anything on snapchat until there is something for windows phone.

​It's great if you have a PC... Not optimal for our phones but what else can we do :(

BeatSync

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone been able to get their account unbanned?

It doesn't seem like banning users is the best way of solving their problem, block the ability to login from third party apps but no need for the ban. I had a lot of contacts on snapchat I don't have in my phone book so it's not as easy as creating a new account and importing my contact list.

I have an old android phone but I can't even get on my banned account from that. I can't even login a new account on my WP so what's the point of a permanent lock?

T1Cybernetic

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
Have you all tried changing your passwords to those who are blocked? I am sure it said mine was permanent but after changing passwords it was unblocked.

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Have you all tried changing your passwords to those who are blocked? I am sure it said mine was permanent but after changing passwords it was unblocked.

They block twice.
At first, you can change the password. In the second, it's forever.
And they changed the API of Snapchat again. Now you can't even enter on snapchat.
"Failed to connect"

Angry_Mushroom

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Forget getting snapchat on windows phone. At this point getting them to admit they aren't going to develop an app for us would be a victory? I'll continue emailing them in hopes of getting a response. errr... a personal response that isnt' computer generated.

edwardyehenara

Feb 26, 2015
Visit site
Just received the same thing. Wrote back angrily. It took them about 2 seconds to generate an automatic answer (some truncated algorithm that have analised the message) - telling nothing that would not have been clear. That's not a lot of sincerity towards users.

Leon Hepburn

Jul 22, 2015
Visit site
How do u no you've bin permanently blocked ? When I try to unlock mines it says We are sorry, you are unable to unlock your account at this time. what Das the mean and did u get the same message ? I'm Tryna figure out if I'm banned or do I have to wait?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
How do u no you've bin permanently blocked ? When I try to unlock mines it says We are sorry, you are unable to unlock your account at this time. what Das the mean and did u get the same message ? I'm Tryna figure out if I'm banned or do I have to wait?

Because they said it was permanent at the time.

I think you're reading into the words too much. If you're talking about 6snap/Windows Phone, if there is a "wait," its indefinite until further notice.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre