moving from Android to Windows Phone what app contacts lost

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Hello to everyone:

i have an question , my sister moved from Android to Windows Phone , is everything ok except that the whatapp contacts that had in her old phone just disappeared in the what app version of windows phone and just i wish to know if there is any trick to do for get that thing back, i exported the files of her SD card used in android phone to Windows Phone and yet nothing happens.

any help is welcomed, also contacted to whatapp team but no news so far.

best regards
Francisco

Stephen Vogel

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Starting with the obvious, have you/your sister exported or synced the contacts (not whatsapp specific contacts, general ones ie your phonebook) from the Android to the new WP?

Stephen Vogel

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Assuming they all formatted correctly on the new phone then whatsapp should pull those contacts into the app and match mobile numbers with those registered for whatsapp (you probably already know that 😊)I dont use the app anymore but from memory they will show on the favourites screen. Maybe uninstall whatsapp, restart the phone and then reinstall?

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
i have synced the contacts from her old phone to her new one, the list all appear with all the contacts but if select a contact i end up dialing it instead of adding in favorites just is two which have sent messages the first day that have her lumia 520 and just can not add people, i have added the code +56 which is the country code of chile where her contacts and i live too but from that nothing happened, also exported the whole whatapp folder from the memory card that used in her old Android phone which i supposed the files should be common also the folder of backups or databases but looks is not universal in the platforms.

i was thinking in do about the same but before starting an fresh copy of her contacts and settings

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99