Where is VLC media player?

Status
Not open for further replies.

D M C

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
VLC devs building this app from last 2 years.......man in 1 years MS team build the whole new mobile OS and vlc team.......

Either they are building a super galactic awesome kind of video player or a legendary crap...

I am very much interested to see this awesome VLC app
Afterall what kind of app takes this much time.

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
They ran into an issue with the Windows App Certification Kit. The Windows Phone Store apparently isn't using the newest verson:
Yeah... so those functions are documented as authorized, yet the store validation complains. The local one doesn't...
Confirmed with MS support, they are using WAC 3.3, while we need 3.4 to be deployed. We probably will need Redmond team for that [1/2]
However, they are off duty until Monday (PST). There's nothing we can do now, and we'll all have to wait. Sorry about that :/ [2/2]

To clarify, the beta build of VLC for WP is fine, but the store is using an older validator (3.3) than the latest and we need 3.4. [1/2]
So, we're waiting for @Microsoft to update the store to use the latest WACK validator (3.4) to be able to send it. [2/2]

(From twitter.com/videolan )

Stefan Holder

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
I'm just amazed that it took them 2yrs to develop an app for windows phone. That app better has be worth it. They've been dragging this on for too long.
Sent from my Samsung ATIV S using Tapatalk.

Conan143

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
It's entirely their fault ...They were working on a mere videoplayer app ( I know developing is not that easy but) for entire two years what they have done announced a beta with no app to test...this is just lame...the app should be ready before announcement of windows phone 8.1 ...and u know the first screenshots surfaced in the internet were from April ..Now its a month left to 2015..
The worst part is their communication in twitter is awful at its best...

Mellifluous

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
VideoLAN is a not for profit organisation with volunteers, mainly students, as developers. I agree that their communication could be better but most of them are at the start of careers and trying to manage the expectations of thousands of people is probably a big learning experience for them.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Happy VLC day! It's been exactly 23 months since the kickstarter was funded. Here's to another 23 months of waiting 🍻

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05