Telegram App-High battery drain!

Stefan Holder

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
I've noticed that the Telegram app drains my battery alot while in use. Using the battery saver app, it showed telegram causing a 53.9% drain on my battery in about an hour of use. Has anyone else experienced this? And can anyone tell me if a group chat will cause a messaging app to consume more power as opposed to a one to one chat? Check my screenshot below.

9ee21c6d47d1f6f063a04e39c7152e4b.jpg

Sent from my Samsung ATIV S using Tapatalk.

Last edited:

Nabkawe5

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Well as Microsoft doesn't separate HW from app consumptions I'd have to guess some kind of locational service within Telegram caused this, try turning off Location and check to see if consumption goes down, also remember that those % are not about current charge of battery they're a last 24h or a week consumption statistics they do not reflect that you consumed 53% of the last charge but of the entire 24h before charging and after. :)

Stefan Holder

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Well as Microsoft doesn't separate HW from app consumptions I'd have to guess some kind of locational service within Telegram caused this, try turning off Location and check to see if consumption goes down, also remember that those % are not about current charge of battery they're a last 24h or a week consumption statistics they do not reflect that you consumed 53% of the last charge but of the entire 24h before charging and after. :)

Location services within the app is always off.. I've even went as far as to turn off certain notifications and vibrate settings within the app..

Babbag3

May 28, 2014
Visit site
I've had the same thing, on a L920 and L930. I'm sure it happened a couple of months ago after an upgrade. It is EATING battery like anything.

NOT good.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12