Can't find stuff that I know is in the store

autodidact

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
Keep having issues finding applications that I know is out there.

Today I had issues finding both applications I desired to have a look at, that Windows Central articles talks about.

I get to the applications by links and so, but it frustrates me that searching the store on the phone so often yields no results — or results without the most relevant/desired (based on name / search phrase ) application present.

wp_ss_20141204_0001.jpg wp_ss_20141204_0002.jpg

I suppose I should look up WP on Uservoice and share my frustration with MS.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I've had this issue in the past. It's usually tied to how they roll out the app. Some places get it quicker than others.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I've had that happen quite a bit. If you use the link in the article about a particular app though, it'll take you right to it.

autodidact

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
I know it works going from the article links — if the app is available in my region (Norway), but I've seen this issue on applications that I've had on previous phones but deleted due to lack of space. Then it can't be related to (lack of) regional roll-out pace.

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I'm in the Philippines but USA region for Cortana...

Sent from my HTC 8S

Attachments

• wp_ss_20141205_0001.png
    wp_ss_20141205_0001.png
    61.8 KB · Views: 4

Ixia

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
I'm in the UK and I also get this. Doing an internet search usually brings up a link, it's not just recent releases either.
It's annoying and does make me wonder what apps I'm missing out on, because you can obviously only do an internet search on an app you already know exists iyswim.

elwin lobo

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
From India here... This issue was rarely there until a couple of weeks back.. At least I never had a problem.. Today I was unable to find flipkart, uber, msn travel... Used a web search to get these 3... This issue seems to be getting worse as days go by.. Maybe its due to some backend work that Microsoft is doing to merge the stores or maybe something is really broken...

autodidact

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
Rakesh's example is clearly a lack of result that is not acceptable as we all know it's there.

Another one for me that I recall, is Hyper for Youtube (RT/Win8x) that sometimes has been missing. So this ain't only a problem for the phone store, and I assume it might be going on when the stores are merged.

This is possibly something we should pester MS about because we must be missing out on good stuff the way it is now, unless we're notified by Windows Central articles.

BTW: Mini Troopers is a "qute" game, so I'm glad I got to it by the web link.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes