01-10-2015 01:23 AM
57 123
tools
    Like.... Literally 8 comments ago
    Oh. I blame the decaf. Thanks.
    SammyD97 likes this.
    12-06-2014 12:33 PM
    any news when they are going to fix sound.
    12-08-2014 06:02 AM
    I read on twitter that they are working to create an update which fixes a few things including sound for release in two weeks.
    12-08-2014 06:13 AM
    I read on twitter that they are working to create an update which fixes a few things including sound for release in two weeks.
    Yeah right....it was actually me whom he was answering.
    12-08-2014 08:58 AM
    They released an update to fix audio issue.
    https://twitter.com/beauzeh/status/541975728380993536
    12-08-2014 09:41 AM
    What is the release date of VLC for non beta users?
    12-08-2014 09:59 AM
    people talk about UI here and UI there... I mean, the UI it's important but VLC shows how it can look good and be a crappy media player. no sound... I don't know why they thought it was a good thing to release it that way, it's like releasing Windows 10 beta with no way to use file explorer, and the start menu it's a place holder you can't even click.

But my point is, who cares about UI, if in the end you would play the video on fullscreen and not even see that? I think Moliplayer still is the best thing for WP, it's not like I use it too much, but waiting VLC to implement something decent in 2014 it's impossible. and that happened only because they were stubborn enough to want to port the code, instead of making it faster and start from scratch. I don't know what is on some developers minds, but sometimes it doesn't make sense.
    But good luck to WP users who want to use VLC only because it's "VLC" brand. I hope VLC does something good for you. I just uninstalled and forgot about it, Win8 app is crap, WP is crap. and desktop while not crap, it's not good enough compared to potplayer, so I won't use it on desktop. it's obvious they would fix the Audio (apparently they already did) but I can't stand them it's like they love to troll Windows users.
    Susmit257 likes this.
    12-08-2014 10:02 AM
    people talk about UI here and UI there... I mean, the UI it's important but VLC shows how it can look good and be a crappy media player. no sound... I don't know why they thought it was a good thing to release it that way, it's like releasing Windows 10 beta with no way to use file explorer, and the start menu it's a place holder you can't even click.

But my point is, who cares about UI, if in the end you would play the video on fullscreen and not even see that? I think Moliplayer still is the best thing for WP, it's not like I use it too much, but waiting VLC to implement something decent in 2014 it's impossible. and that happened only because they were stubborn enough to want to port the code, instead of making it faster and start from scratch. I don't know what is on some developers minds, but sometimes it doesn't make sense.
    But good luck to WP users who want to use VLC only because it's "VLC" brand. I hope VLC does something good for you. I just uninstalled and forgot about it, Win8 app is crap, WP is crap. and desktop while not crap, it's not good enough compared to potplayer, so I won't use it on desktop. it's obvious they would fix the Audio (apparently they already did) but I can't stand them it's like they love to troll Windows users.
    the problem is thomas nigro the dev is the only person (student) developing wp app. its not handeld by professional devs and only one mN working on it.
    12-08-2014 10:17 AM
    the problem is thomas nigro the dev is the only person (student) developing wp app. its not handeld by professional devs and only one mN working on it.
    Isn't Hugo *forgot his surname* also working on it?
    12-08-2014 10:21 AM
    vlc app is updated now atleast sound is coming but its still not playing 720 and 1080 videos.
    12-08-2014 10:25 AM
    i tested with 1 mp4, the xbox video and moliplayer plays 100% fine and not only did it randomly not play, when it did, it looked like it was using software rendering of the video (it's a 720p clip) so it advanced a couple of frames, skip a ton, advance a few more, skip a ton more, etc, etc...
    12-08-2014 10:44 AM
    I think vlc only uses software rendering to play videos on wp and even on windows too
    12-08-2014 10:46 AM

They obviously didn't know that it couldn't play audio when they released it. They said they it was a technical issue with the release version that went through the store.

Also, there were 8 million lines of code. Are you trying to say that rewriting 8 million lines of code from scratch is easier than porting your current model over?
    theefman likes this.
    12-08-2014 11:17 AM
    also vlc beta has no background support even for mp3s
    12-08-2014 11:19 AM
    So I played a .wmv file and it seemed to play fine.

Also, word to the wise, you probably don't want to install this on an SD card yet. The performance takes too much of a nosedive. Other than that, I'm enjoying this app so far.
    12-08-2014 11:19 AM
    also vlc beta has no background support even for mp3s
    They've already said that's coming. They're focusing on fixing bugs before adding features.
    12-08-2014 11:20 AM
    Some people don't seem to understand what a "beta" is......
    SammyD97 and Jas00555 like this.
    12-08-2014 11:55 AM
    Downloaded the update and good to hear sound now working on my 1020!

Look forward to seeing the speed and UI of the app cleaned up in the next few updates.

Haven't had any crashes so far, speed/performance is the only issue.
    12-08-2014 12:04 PM
    is the lack of gapless playback an os limitation? I haven't found any apps that have this functionality yet. If yes, it's unbelievable that a tech giant like Microsoft with its own music subscription service has not added that thing in 4 years!

Regarding VLC it's still unusable, mainly due to the lack of background audio and it needs some speed improvements and UI tweaks but I'm fine with that since it's a beta. One thing that I would like to see is the option to change the default startup page, I hope they add it in a future update.
    12-09-2014 04:22 AM
    is the lack of gapless playback an os limitation? I haven't found any apps that have this functionality yet.
    Yesterday I came across an app that claimed to have gapless playback. Can't remember what it was. I wasn't really looking for a music player so I didn't pay much attention to it.
    maggotbeer likes this.
    12-09-2014 05:38 AM
    Yesterday I came across an app that claimed to have gapless playback. Can't remember what it was. I wasn't really looking for a music player so I didn't pay much attention to it.
    If I remember correctly, "Music Surge" claims to have gapless playback. It's a perfectly lovely app, very nicely done and all, but I don't think whoever wrote that description has a good grasp on what "gapless playback" is.

There are apps that get really close to gapless playback - but the catch is that none of them can access the shared Music library, so they're all a little awkward to use. (Basically, I think the deal is that you can only play content from the Music library through the standard music-playing APIs, meaning no gapless and that annoying scratchy sound between tracks; you're free to roll your own better music-playing code, but you can't touch the Library with it.)

In my experience, Spotify (with a Premium subscription) does a pretty good job with gapless playback - often the gaps are unnoticeable, and when they're noticeable they're WAY smaller than with the standard built-in playback code (a tenth of a second gap is noticeable but tolerable, at least to me, while the half-second-or-more that I get from the standard players irks me way more than something so trivial ought to).

FLAC Player SD also does a good job, but you have to jump through hoops to get there - it'll play FLAC files easily, like its name implies, and gaplessly - but it will only play MP3s if you rename them to a different extension (related to the Library restrictions alluded to above), and that's just a pain.

Subsonic Music Streamer will stream music gaplessly from a server that you create and maintain. It's a good solution if you have a lot of digital music AND a spare internet-facing computer to put it on AND if configuring a server doesn't scare you - but I think that's a small audience.
    maggotbeer likes this.
    12-09-2014 08:03 AM
    If I remember correctly, "Music Surge" claims to have gapless playback. It's a perfectly lovely app, very nicely done and all, but I don't think whoever wrote that description has a good grasp on what "gapless playback" is.
    Yep. That was the one.
    12-11-2014 01:29 PM
    app has been updated and side bar is removed but UI is almost fluid now. Maybe it will be added later on.
    12-12-2014 11:29 AM
    yeah . latest update makes the app smoother but still no background support . There is also this new bar that takes up more display space which i think make the app more messy than 3 dots option.
    And has anyone else had albums issues ? many of my albums aren't showing up. Some shows up without cover ( everything are fine in Xbox Music and OneMusic ). Is it only me or app bug ?
    12-12-2014 10:31 PM
    new update goes on air a few minutes ago, v.0.0.1.3

Changelog is not know present time
    12-15-2014 05:39 PM
57 123