How do I stop Whatsapp from adding contacts onto my phone?

Malron

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
Issue with whatsapp contacts

I hope this is the appropriate forum for my question. I'm in a group in whatsapp whose some of the members are on my contact list and others are not, which is totally fine since it is a college group for announcements and so on. But I've noticed whatsapp adding some , not all, of the contacts of this group to my favorite list and subsequently to my phone contact list. In addition, it added contacts not in the groups but ones related to them to my contacts. When I deleted them in the people app they were gone from whatsapp. It also seems it imported contacts from my email and they don't even have a phone number just their email. So my question is why did it do that? and how can I prevent it in the future? Shouldn't it ask me for permission to do such a thing?

Malron

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
Thanks to whomever changed the title. I think it is much clearer this way than mine. To clarify, my only connections with these new contacts is through whatsapp. Some of them are not in the groups but related to members of said groups, which what concerned me even more. Unless this is normal for whatsapp but I doubt that since it is a clear security breach. I hope someone can shed light on the matter as I hardly believe I am the only one with issue.

Malron

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
PROBLEM RESOLVED!! I have a shared email in my linked inbox and whomever is using it decided it would be great idea to save their contacts to the email. Delete the thread please for it is pointless now and serve no purpose.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium