Why When Flipboard Came Out We Made A Big Deal About The Animation???

Azurus

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone, its probably too late to mention this but ill just say it to procrastinate as I have my med school exam finals after tomorrow :p
When Flipboard first came out on windows phone it was and still is missing that gesture that gave the app its name. I know its lame and what matters is the contents of the app but hold on a second and think.
1. When I signed up for windows phone and windows 8.1 I was promised few but quality apps. Just the thought of a feature missing from a new app grinds my gears and can ruin my whole mood. And this isn't the first time. Whatsapp is probably the only app that I'm proud of on WP. And that's not even because of the app, that's because of the amazing keyboard Microsoft provides. Facebook, 6snap(snap chat) , youtube, swarm, 9gag. These are all examples of poorly made apps that I would love to see revamped in the near near future.
2. Secondly. You see that "flip" gesture I was telling you about earlier ? You know how they say its the small things that matter the most? Take it from me , it does make a difference. I am more tempted to stay on flipboard on my SP3 and my friends iPhones than my Lumia 920. And I swear to you its because of that missing feature. Nothing to do with the news as i am browsing the same exact news.
What do you guys think ?

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone, its probably too late to mention this but ill just say it to procrastinate as I have my med school exam finals after tomorrow :p
When Flipboard first came out on windows phone it was and still is missing that gesture that gave the app its name. I know its lame and what matters is the contents of the app but hold on a second and think.
1. When I signed up for windows phone and windows 8.1 I was promised few but quality apps. Just the thought of a feature missing from a new app grinds my gears and can ruin my whole mood. And this isn't the first time. Whatsapp is probably the only app that I'm proud of on WP. And that's not even because of the app, that's because of the amazing keyboard Microsoft provides. Facebook, 6snap(snap chat) , youtube, swarm, 9gag. These are all examples of poorly made apps that I would love to see revamped in the near near future.
2. Secondly. You see that "flip" gesture I was telling you about earlier ? You know how they say its the small things that matter the most? Take it from me , it does make a difference. I am more tempted to stay on flipboard on my SP3 and my friends iPhones than my Lumia 920. And I swear to you its because of that missing feature. Nothing to do with the news as i am browsing the same exact news.
What do you guys think ?

When you bought a Windows Phone you were promised a Windows Phone that delivered the features listed by Microsoft. Anything beyond that is based upon assumptions not facts. There can be 10,000 apps that suck and it does not change the fact they delivered what they promised regarding the hardware and OS. There are also lots of quality apps - just apparently not the ones that matter to you. Regardless of that that though apps (and app quality) are primarily on developers, not Microsoft. Of course, it is no win for Microsoft since if the apps are not released people will complain they do no exist and if they are released people will complain they are inadequate.

I am sorry but I am just really tired of the "they didn't give me what they never promised but I expected anyway" posts. Just another version of the self imposed martyr complex that has become so common. As for using a friend's iPhone instead of your own, wouldn't that suggest you might prefer owning the phone you borrow? Seems awfully silly to choose to use someone else's device instead of the one you bought (or are paying off) when you could just own the device that works they way you want. BTW, I haven't a clue as to what "signed up" is supposed to mean since it sounds more like you joined some army....

Azurus

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
When you bought a Windows Phone you were promised a Windows Phone that delivered the features listed by Microsoft. Anything beyond that is based upon assumptions not facts. There can be 10,000 apps that suck and it does not change the fact they delivered what they promised regarding the hardware and OS. There are also lots of quality apps - just apparently not the ones that matter to you. Regardless of that that though apps (and app quality) are primarily on developers, not Microsoft. Of course, it is no win for Microsoft since if the apps are not released people will complain they do no exist and if they are released people will complain they are inadequate.

I am sorry but I am just really tired of the "they didn't give me what they never promised but I expected anyway" posts. Just another version of the self imposed martyr complex that has become so common. As for using a friend's iPhone instead of your own, wouldn't that suggest you might prefer owning the phone you borrow? Seems awfully silly to choose to use someone else's device instead of the one you bought (or are paying off) when you could just own the device that works they way you want. BTW, I haven't a clue as to what "signed up" is supposed to mean since it sounds more like you joined some army....

I understand what you just said about apps being in the hands of developers and not Microsoft. My reply to this is that "why does this happen only with wp users?" I always get the feeling that wp users represents that clingy partner in the relationship and that app developers just gives WP the apps because they should not because they want to.
Are you seriously telling me this ? I've been a Nokia / Microsoft fan for as long as I can remember , I'm not gonna change that for the world. Friends get iphone 6 why not try them , I have an ipod touch is it a crime to use it ? I was just trying to give the readers an example of flilboard on other platforms. I did mention SP3 , why didn't you notice that ?Its so clear you are just trying to talk back to me that's why you picked specific words from my text and didn't look at my text as a whole.
And when I say "signed up" I meant it. Yes, we are in a war. Android vs Apple vs Microsoft. (BlackBerry is just watching on the side) anything I say is because I don't want Microsoft to be in BlackBerry's shoes one day. It sucks to be there and if they don't force developers to make quality apps , they will find a place next to BlackBerry

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans