I want to move completely to Windows and away from the Nexus tablet I currently have. I use a tablet for internet access, email, reading etc all of which are covered by something like the HP Stream.

My problem is with streaming Netflix to the TV. I need to be able to do this from my tablet. I've considered getting an Xbox for Netflix but it seems like a waste as I'm not into games.

My current set up is a Nexus 7 and Chromecast which streams perfectly. Is there any way to replicate this with a Windows tablet?

Help and advice would be appreciated.
    12-10-2014 01:56 PM
    I'm not sure if PlayTo (read: Miracast) will work with a chromecast, but if it did, you would swipe from the right while you're playing a video, go to devices, play, then select the Chromecast.

Alternatively, you could try to find a Miracast receiver if the chromecast doesn't work.
    12-10-2014 03:32 PM
    Thanks. It looks like the Chromecast will have to go. Ah well.
    12-11-2014 06:07 PM
    Play to with any smartTV or Project wireless display with a miracast compatible device. I do it every day.
    12-11-2014 06:15 PM
    Your best bet might be to get a cheap Roku box. I have one and it's an excellent little device for streaming anything including Netflix. And I also highly recommend the Plex channel which you can use with your tablet, WP, and a Roku!
    12-15-2014 02:59 PM
    I suggest the roku as well.
    My entire house runs solely off of plex, Netflix and Hulu. Mostly plex though.
    I can stream anything from my 1520 to any tv but don't really need to because of rokus functionality and Xbox one.
    JohnStrk likes this.
    12-17-2014 10:48 PM
    I currently use the Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter and Miracast on my Surface to stream movies and TV shows to my television! Works very very well!
    12-17-2014 10:59 PM
    I currently use the Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter and Miracast on my Surface to stream movies and TV shows to my television! Works very very well!
    I see from your profile you also have a Surface 2? I just got one recently and was reading up on Miracast support. I've been trying to confirm if the newer Roku 3 will support the Surface 2. I currently have an older Roku box but might upgrade to the Roku 3 if it will work with my S2.

Introducing Roku Screen Mirroring Beta for Microsoft Windows and Android? Devices | The Official Roku Blog

Edit: just found this and it looks like Roku does support the Surface 2:
    Roku screen mirroring - compatible devices : Featured Question
    berty6294 likes this.
    12-18-2014 08:19 AM