Official Snapchat app screenshot leak

runamuck83

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
But market share down signifies it is dier straits for wp.Already we have only 3.6% loosing 20% market share no developer will come near wp if this trend continues. Even in low end android is crushing wp.So get ready for another os wp going to be slayed by MS soon.

Debby downer over here...

runamuck83

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
But market share down signifies it is dier straits for wp.Already we have only 3.6% loosing 20% market share no developer will come near wp if this trend continues. Even in low end android is crushing wp.So get ready for another os wp going to be slayed by MS soon.

More important than percentage alone, the sales numbers are a slight silver lining. They held steady

Ordeith

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I know of 6Snap users that are now getting permanently locked out with no unlock available. One would think that Snapchat wouldn't want to be seen as the Grinch that hates customers at Christmas and at the very least wait for the WP app to be available before going all Scrooge on us. Unless this is fake and they just hate people that choose WP, in which case I can understand them wanting to twist the knife around the holidays.

KarmaEcrivain94

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
There is something fishy about this user. 2 posts? Only here?
Fake or not, something weird is going on.
The file name of the last pic is settingsnamewithbaidu.png. No trace of it online (not with image search either).

Something is really weird about this...

Oliverspin

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
How can you like it better when there aren't even instant toast notifications? Every time I get a snap, I see it's 30 mins old because I'm too busy to open up the whole app to check and see if I have a new one . Yeah 6snap has great additional features, but the text limitation in the legit app is there for a reason.

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
That'd be great to have Snapchat on Windows Phone. If the OP is a legit dev then hell yeah that's awesome! Hopefully it comes around soon :D

tanya shah1

Banned
Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
microsoft should just hire Rudy Huyn already, i mean the guy makes better stuff than entire teams of developers,they should put him in charge of "polishing" the half baked official apps such as whatsapp etc

EssThree

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
I hope this is real if only to give WinPho some legitimacy. I can tell people how wonderful 6snap is til I'm blue in the face, but that doesn't make it an official client, which is what matters most to a great number of people.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
microsoft should just hire Rudy Huyn already, i mean the guy makes better stuff than entire teams of developers,they should put him in charge of "polishing" the half baked official apps such as whatsapp etc

That wouldn't work, Microsoft don't develop those "half baked official apps".

tanya shah1

Banned
Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
That wouldn't work, Microsoft don't develop those "half baked official apps".

i know,it was just a joke
but everyones gotta give a hats off to Rudy Huyn
btw i do feel microsoft should tell developers of half baked apps to improve them or give proper support or something

Forc3

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
First off, this is soooo fake its borderline laughable, nice try though OP.

Now to the proof:
1.) Screenshot size is, who would have guessed it: 384x640 px which is the Microsoft recommended canvas size of concepting a 4.5 inch 768p App. Quite sad that you didnt even care to scale your "mockup" to the right size.

2.) Dude. Settingswithbaidu.png Are you freaking serious?

3.) Design flaws all over the place. You should educate yourself before posting **** like this on a public forum and try to fool people.
24 pixel spacing on the sides.... at 384 pixels width? Uhm, this is not WP7 anymore, where a fixed grid and 480p resolution is present across all screen sizes.
You have to apply simple mathematics, dude.
384p / 480p = 0.8 <- thats called a factor
24 pixels * 0.8 = 19 pixels! <- yes its that simple!
( can't believe I am playing the math teacher right now)
Also different spacing between pivot headers... dude... please. *facepalm*

4.) Yes, there is an Appbar. But you forgot to put those 3 little dots on it.

5.) Having a fresh new account does not help your legitimacy either.

6.) You never posted any source or linked to the actual baidu webpage... because there is none! lol.

7.) Obligatory FAKE.

Whats the purpose of fooling people? What do you get from that? If you have a concept, we have an actual dedicated forum section for that. No need to fool people.

PS: I laughed hard after I saw how you put that baidu sticker on your mockup. Are you really that dumb to think people will take everything with a chinese batch on it as granted? Lmao.

Last edited:

lumiadirector

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
Truth is, I used to work for Snapchat. I was hired as a developer for Snapchat for Windows Modern, unifying the code to work cross platform on the Windows Phone 8.1 OS and the Windows 8.1 OS. Unfortunately, I was sacked by Evan because I "didn't do a good enough job".

I will continue to work on the app when I can, so hope to see a rather official Snapchat app, soon.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss