What if OneDrive app looked like this?

anon5997296

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Since MS released the redesigned OneDrive app with the so called hamburger menu, and they announced the same menu will the new Metro apps on Windows 10 will be sporting, it got me really thinking, is the hamburger menu really necessary? Apart from the fact that it is familiar to Android users. Well this point doesn't sound really valid as iPhone users are not that familiar to it. Anyway, whatever might be the reasons MS chose this way, I redesigned the UI of OneDrive app. Just let me know what you think of it. Love it or hate it but before leaving any harsh comments, please think of the hardship I've been through while designing this in MS Paint. LOL! Just kidding! But I have designed this in Paint as i don't have Photoshop on my laptop neither have any knowledge of how to use it.OD beta 1.pngOD beta 2.pngOD beta 3.png

anon5997296

May 16, 2013
Visit site
About the changes I've made. Of course, this looks more Metro than the current app! other changes -
1. Got rid of the 'select' button from the appbar as you can select folders and files by tapping on the leftmost side of the phone. This is the standard way of selecting things on WP.
2. Added two buttons to the appbar, 'refresh' and 'sort by', as there was space for that.
3. Got rid of the hamburger menu. If you want to switch to business account, tap on your profile picture (2nd picture), you will get the option of doing so.
4. Moved 'progress' and 'settings' to the standard WP menu.

Since I don't have OneDrive for business, I don't know if this model will work well with it, so business users, let me know of it. Also, if you guys find this design good, I'll put this on uservoice page. Thank You for reading!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte