Windows Phone Store ... "This webpage has a redirect loop" error

DatabaseMX

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
If you try to access almost any page on the site that has to do with Apps ... you get this error message:

Capture1.jpg

Started yesterday. It happens on two of my three laptops using Google Chrome.
The two laptops with the issue are Win 8.1 Enterprise and Win 7 Professional.
My third laptop has Win7 Home.
Chrome is same (latest) version on all systems.
VERY odd. Only seems to happen on the Store website.
However, issue only seems to be a problem with Chrome, not Firefox or IE.

My conclusion is it's a problem with the Store site and Chrome - in some cases.

Kayrune

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
After moving to windows phone and leaving google I first used IE, and I must say tab sync there works great. I wish I could use IE, but IE on desktop gave me issues (lack of plugins, plus after a while it would stop rendering websites and I had to close it) That being said I newer ran into this issue.
So I moved onto Firefox, and I cannot use store with FF, I get the same error you get all the time. I binged it, heck I even googled it, but didn't find anyone with same problem on windows phone store, and that is the only place I see it. Opening direct links usually works fine, but searching is impossible, clicking links inside the store usually fails aswell.

Your conclusion is wrong though. Since I'm using Firefox.

DatabaseMX

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Very interesting.
Well, I will revise my conclusion to just ... it appears to be an issue with Windows Phone Store in some cases.

I'm really wondering if it is connected in any way with recent Windows Updates ?
I did a load of Win Updates yesterday ... and after that is when I noticed the problem ... but this is not conclusive.

Kayrune

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
My windows 8.1 is set to auto update, so I cannot comment.

I did find a suggestion for people who complain about same issue (but not related to windowsphone store)
about:config
network.http.redirect-limit -> change from 50 to 500

This did NOT help me :(

DatabaseMX

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Update 12-27-2014 11:00
This is now happening to me with Firefox also. IE is still working OK.
And so far, the only site this seems to happen on is windowsphone.com ... and I frequent a LOT of other sites on a daily basis.

​ ===

Ray M20

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
Yep, same here on my desktop. IE is fine but Firefox .... no. Been like this (for me) a couple of weeks now. As you say, must be a WPstore site issue. Not experienced this problem elsewhere. I'm using w8.1 with auto update on.

Godson Arun Kumar

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
Glad you mentioned this. Have been facing this funny issue on my dell vostro as well, though only with chrome browser as you mentioned. Had to use internet explorer to download my xap files.

Maccabeus

Nov 26, 2014
Visit site
I've had the same issue on Opera on my PC (can't stand the desktop version of I.E.). It's been doing that at least a week whenever I try to search for apps in the WP store for my new L830.

A link from a google search hit will successfully take me to any particular app description at the WP site; however, when I try to use the search function within the site using Opera, I get the redirect loop error message.

EBUK

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Thank goodness! I thought I was the only one.

In firefox, things worked if I set it to private browsing, but I won't want to use private browsing for all the other sites I visit. In the end I installed Comodo IceDragon which works (though there are different browsing issues), and it seems that the redirect is something to do with http vs https.

Ray M20

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
And from the WPStore menu:
Phones Features Apps+Games How-to Explore
My Phone

Spotlight Apps Games Purchase history

It's only the apps and games that wont connect.

EBUK

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Only on WP Store. When I click Lumia Collection, Firefox reports "Waiting for..." but never displays the page.

It works temporarily if I choose History > Clear Recent History.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Also having this very frustrating issue. If I need to search for an app, I have to use my phone. I prefer to do app searching on my laptop. I'm 50, and I like the bigger screen. No, a 1520 isn't big enough for me to do web work, which is why I like my 15.6" laptop, or even better hooking it up to my external 24" monitor or 32" HD TV.

MS needs to get this fixed. Have they even admitted there is a problem yet? Somebody please point them to this thread!

EBUK

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Thought it might be a DNS issue, but neither OpenDNS nor Comodo's servers make a difference.

Can't understand why it works in IceDragon (based on Firefox) but not in other browsers.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goergtalk