WP has no Apps and sucks...Read this!

jlzimmerman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I liked the article. If anything it points out blatant and biased fanboyism.

Yeah, I understand a Mac doesn't need apps because it can install programs. But going back to the number comparisons which is what opponents like to do, exactly how many programs are available for Mac? Windows has close to 5 million? Does that mean Mac is garbage because they don't have as many programs? No. That is a point the author is making.

And yeah, Apple products just work and work well with each other, but is it that terribly difficult to get it to work well when you only care about having it work with your own ecosystem? How many Apple services / products exist on Android and WP compared to Windows services/products on other platforms? Precisely. It's reasons like this why Apple is non-existent in the enterprise environment. Our windows products have to work with several different platforms, and work with everything from our dosimeter badges to our company's GOES satellite. Not only does Apple not have the software but they do not allow administrators to tweak the OS to fit our needs. Windows does. It is the work horse OS on this planet.

I do agree that some MS products work better on competing platforms that WP it's completely aggravating. It's frustrating as hell. But I understand. Look, MS is going back to their roots as a SOFTWARE company first. They are focusing on where the market share is ($$$). I don't believe this means MS doesn't have faith in their phone platform, I just think it's good business sense to focus on the other 95% of your market to solidify your grasp before competing software/services gets a foothold. It doesn't feel like the right thing to do but it is the right thing to do.

With all this said, I think about WP now compared to a year ago. EVERYTHING in the WP ecosystem and arsenal is better now, and it does everything that I want it to do and more.

windohze

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
Thanks Pocketnow - I tried the Mac and have not looked back. You are right, people frustrated with the windows app store should all try a Mac - they won't regret it! Nice to have a real app store instead of the M$ joke.

M7H

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
I liked the article. If anything it points out blatant and biased fanboyism.

Yeah, I understand a Mac doesn't need apps because it can install programs. But going back to the number comparisons which is what opponents like to do, exactly how many programs are available for Mac? Windows has close to 5 million? Does that mean Mac is garbage because they don't have as many programs? No. That is a point the author is making.

I totally agree with you!
Lovely to read all the comments here, obvious from people who really don't understand what the article is all about.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234