The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99

View Poll Results: How many apps do you actually BUY after a TRY?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll

7 50.00%

1 7.14%
  • 2-3

0 0%
  • 3+

6 42.86%
    Hello,

There are a lot of try before you buy - how many do you actually buy because you find them useful? Or have you?

Thanks,

Mr. V
    Guytronic and Laura Knotek like this.
    12-26-2014 02:23 PM
    I typically wait for apps to go on sale. Almost everything I've purchased has gone on sale at some point, and many paid apps were even free during special promotions.
    Guytronic, ven07 and vEEP pEEP like this.
    12-26-2014 02:26 PM
    I don't count apps, but I'm trying to stay in budget of about 5/month. It's amount that I don't mind spending. If I can, I wait for app to go on sale.
    ven07, Laura Knotek and Guytronic like this.
    12-26-2014 02:36 PM
    I don't count apps, but I'm trying to stay in budget of about 5/month. It's amount that I don't mind spending. If I can, I wait for app to go on sale.
    Smart :D
    12-26-2014 02:37 PM
    Yup, I pay for that I like because I HATE ads and would rather pay to get rid of them (plus help the developer of course!)
    mark233, vEEP pEEP, ven07 and 2 others like this.
    12-26-2014 02:45 PM
    I also always buy the app to get rid of ads, sometimes I buy even though I'm not sure will I keep using it.

I have probably bought around 200 apps to date.
    12-26-2014 02:51 PM
    How many apps do you actually buy in a year?
    Great question for discussion!

I slowed to zero with buying after realizing I just don't use much more than the native apps.
    This is just me and not any reflection on the hard working developers.

My main costs are add-on mobile media services like Rhapsody, NETFLIX, data etc.
    "pocketbook ouch"
    ven07, vEEP pEEP and Laura Knotek like this.
    12-26-2014 02:51 PM
    The only app I bought since Lumia 710s age is Grapher Calculator. Helped me alot during Algebra (Pre/Calculus) classes in college. I have few others that became free for few days and just grabbed them, never used them though :)

Oh yeah and WhatsApp..paid twice $0.99 for it
    ven07, vEEP pEEP and Laura Knotek like this.
    12-26-2014 03:10 PM
    I'll buy an app if I have a need for it. I'm not an "app hound". Even when I used Android I didn't load up on apps. I go purely on a as needed basis. I like the "try before you buy" option and will use it if it's available. I probably have about five or six apps I purchased and used for awhile but have uninstalled. At $.99 (for the most part) per app, I'm not too worried about it. I don't mind paying for an app if it works well and I have a use for it.
    vEEP pEEP, Laura Knotek and ven07 like this.
    12-26-2014 04:00 PM
    I've not bought one for myself, but I have bought for my son.

If I came across an app that changed my life in some meaningful way, I would buy it. But so far there has been no 'must have' app. Maybe 2015 will produce something.
    vEEP pEEP and Laura Knotek like this.
    12-26-2014 04:12 PM
    I've bought over 10 since I bought this phone. I'll buy the ones I deem worthy.
    Last edited by TravisMcEndree; 12-30-2014 at 10:47 AM.
    12-29-2014 11:28 PM
    Can't really count the number of apps but if it is important for me and it'll be an app I'd be using daily, I'd buy it. Won't matter which platform since I have also a non wp unit. Definitely no pirated apps on my gadgets. A simple beer/ice cream to assist any developer is good
    vEEP pEEP and Laura Knotek like this.
    12-29-2014 11:51 PM
    Probably bought around 30-40 apps a year. I have installed at least 400 apps.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-29-2014 11:53 PM
    The only app I bought since Lumia 710s age is Grapher Calculator. Helped me alot during Algebra (Pre/Calculus) classes in college. I have few others that became free for few days and just grabbed them, never used them though :)

Oh yeah and WhatsApp..paid twice $0.99 for it
    That's a great app! I bought it too.
    ven07 and Guytronic like this.
    12-30-2014 12:01 AM
    Nothing seems so unworthy than buying an app... If you were patient enough to get your driving license and a good beer, I guess you can wait it to be 0$.
    vEEP pEEP likes this.
    12-31-2014 03:20 AM
    I have spent nearly $200 on apps and games in the past 4 months so yeah,I spend a lot :)
    vEEP pEEP likes this.
    12-31-2014 03:48 AM
    Only apps that may help my self get more productive :) in my area of expertise. Like camera and editing apps. Maybe a game or two if it's good to kill boring times when needed. :)
    vEEP pEEP likes this.
    12-31-2014 04:16 AM
    I bought dozens of apps on WP7/8 but I haven't bought any for the past year.
    Why? I'm starting to lose faith in Windows Phone and taking a wait and see approach before investing more money into ecosystem.
    I'm sure many are starting to feel the same way.
    agentmikeyd99 and vEEP pEEP like this.
    12-31-2014 04:36 AM
    None really... I'm a cheapskate who relies on free alternatives & Myappfree.
    12-31-2014 05:18 AM
    I'm sure I've bought somewhere between 3 and 5 this year. Only as necessary, tweetium for instance, the pro version of AED a game or two that I really wanted. I'll never spend more than a fiver on an app though, that's my limit.
    vEEP pEEP likes this.
    12-31-2014 05:29 AM
    I've bought over a dozen in the last 6 months. Of course, I just started in the Windows Phone ecosystem, and several of the apps I bought were universal apps for my laptop also.

I do have MyAppFree, and have also gotten several there that I probably would not have bought otherwise, but the programs I felt I needed or were quite useful, I have paid for.

I was using Night Stand Clock Lite regularly, and decided since I got so much use out of it I should support the developer, even though I didn't need the paid-for features (and still don't use them.) The day I decided to pay for the app, it was on MyAppFree. I felt like the developer deserved to get paid, so I waited another day and paid for it, when I could have gotten it on MyAppFree. I believe for a good and useful app, a developer deserves to be paid.

I've actually put out nearly $40 on one particular app, because I really found the add-ons useful and made several in-app purchases. Well worth it to me.

I've never bought a game, though, as I don't find games useful or beneficial to me. I need apps to help me get things done, not games to keep me occupied. I stay quite busy enough, and don't need a game addiction that would keep me from spending personal face time with my wife and children.
    vEEP pEEP likes this.
    12-31-2014 07:21 AM
    I am preferential to beer over ice cream...

Beer flavoured ice cream?
    12-31-2014 03:47 PM
    Hey there,
    We support Indy devs like Nate Monster, the SongArc team etc., and we purchase anything we require that is not freemium. We do not and will not support the freemium model. Price is not an issue as most people spend more at Tim's (that's Starbucks for our southern friends) in a month than they would on apps in a year. For example, we bought SongArc for$15.00 and didn't blink an eye. On average probably about 6 or so a year. We just don't need any more than that with the current selection available.
    vEEP pEEP likes this.
    12-31-2014 04:01 PM