Looking for an actual screenshot app

arifdanials

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Is it possible to build and develop a screenshot app on WP 8.1 at the press of a button (button on screen) like what iOS has? This is because my lock button is broken, for the second time. Yes I've broken it once and it made me get a scolding from my dad for it to make it get fixed. Haha but now that I don't even dare to tell him that I've broken it again, I depend on double tap to wake to wake up my phone. I'm still seeking for an app that offers the functionality of screenshot-ing using the screen instead of the usual press down lock button and volume up button. (my volume up button is also broken) I admit I press them quite a bit hard that made them broken internally lol. So inform me if you happen to come across an app the way I describe above. If it is possible, develop this kind of app for me, thanks! 😊

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 620 PfD WP 8.1 + Cyan using Tapatalk

Last edited:

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Today, not possible as it would be insecure. Think how a 'bad' app could capture your screen all the time and potentially capture private information.

If Microsoft added it to the Action menu as an option then it would work as a system function, but it's not there.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Taking screenshots is not currently permitted by the current SDK, so not possible at this time.

[start teasing]
Start treating the phone with more respect.

In the mean time, I guess you won't be able to capture those pics from snapchat. Your girlfriend will be happy about that. ;)
[/teasing]

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site

arifdanials

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Today, not possible as it would be insecure. Think how a 'bad' app could capture your screen all the time and potentially capture private information.

If Microsoft added it to the Action menu as an option then it would work as a system function, but it's not there.

Ah, adding it to the Action Centre is a great idea. I wish they'll implement this soon with security features or something.

Taking screenshots is not currently permitted by the current SDK, so not possible at this time.

[start teasing]
Start treating the phone with more respect.

In the mean time, I guess you won't be able to capture those pics from snapchat. Your girlfriend will be happy about that. ;)
[/teasing]

Hahaha thanks for the advice. 😋

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
That specifically states it is for Windows 8.1 not Windows Phone 8.1. I realize there are a lot of similarities, but there are also differences in the SDK. Will that also apply to Windows Phone 8.1?

Yes.

Minimum supported phone
Windows Phone 8.1 [Windows Runtime apps only]

emiel1976

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site
I just connect my telephone to my PC and than I can also stream everything I do on my phone or just record it. Works very easy and good.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro