02-05-2017 02:07 PM
155 ... 4567
tools
    QuizUp sent me an email about beta testing the other day. I meant to post here but it looks like there is an article up now!
    RumoredNow, ven07 and UchilHasmit like this.
    05-01-2015 11:03 PM
    I asked one of the popular task management app Any.do for windows and windowsphone app, they replied currently they don't have any plans for bringing an app for windows but they have asked to request in uservoice
    https://twitter.com/Anydo_Support/st...07423462330369

somebody has already created uservoice for windowsphone app. Please vote it everyone

here's the link to uservoice:

https://anydo.uservoice.com/forums/1...-windows-phone
    wpn00b likes this.
    05-11-2015 10:26 AM
    I would love Signal/Textsecure on WP.

whispersystems.org
    https://mobile.twitter.com/whispersystems

They have an API, and said they encourage 3rd party apps. 6nal by Rudy maybe? Would be awesome!
    05-12-2015 06:01 AM
    While I wish I could have kept this updated, truth is I've always been too busy to update it. I'm glad people are still reading it and adding suggestions. I'll update the main post eventually but school, work and an upcoming wedding have taken up most of my time.

It seems that Windows 10 is drumming up interest so it is a good time that we continue to send requests for those that are holding out. The times, they are a changin...

Things are looking up!
    RumoredNow and UchilHasmit like this.
    05-18-2015 05:43 PM
    I had e-mailed some developers and they said that they are waiting for Windows 10 and are not willing to update/introduce major feature in their app. 😖
    Last edited by ZaeemAkhtr; 05-28-2015 at 01:15 AM.
    05-27-2015 01:43 PM
    I had e-mailed some developers and they said that they are waiting for Windows 10 and are not willing to update/introduce major feature in their app.
    You'll probably find a number of devs working to that line now, especially with MSFT announcing that you can port iOS & Android apps...

G.
    ZKnowN likes this.
    05-28-2015 03:40 PM
    Waiting for Windows 10 makes a lot of sense for most developers:
    - you can use one UI for phone/PC/Xbox (right there are many small but painful differences)
    - the API is much more powerful (depends on the app if that is relevant)
    - the API is much more consistent between the form factors
    - you can use those "bridges" if you have an existing Android/iOS/Win32/Website app

We recommend our customers to target Windows 10 directly, even though we're still far away from Windows 10 Mobile (at least judging from the available previews).

Robert
    ZKnowN likes this.
    05-29-2015 02:49 AM
    Slow motion vdo editor app
    08-18-2015 03:11 AM
    Wall Street Journal

https://twitter.com/wsj
    support@wsj.com
    1-800-JOURNAL
    09-12-2015 09:48 PM
    Hi there,

I dont have any specific apps in mind right now as i dont have much experience with other platforms to know whats good out there. But i do know that what exists on our platform often lack in features and experiences when compared to their offers on android and iOS. So perhaps we should request such developers too that need to bring about cross platform parity?

Either way, am ready to help give this whole thing a push :)
    RumoredNow likes this.
    09-17-2015 04:52 PM
    And yes, just got two apps i could think of! These are India specific btw:-

News App- The Hindu:-

Never got a reply from these guys despite emailing them twice. Am not sure their Twitter handle responds to requests or queries. They are the best news service here as far as language and professionalism is considered and already have apps on iOS and Android.

Email: web.thehindu@thehindu.co.in
    Twitter Handle:
    @the_hindu

Movie booking App- Spicinemas

Got a reply from them once over a year back when they said android is currently their target (they had not released an app for android then). Tried emailing them a few weeks back with the link on porting android/iOS apps to windows 10 mobile. No responses this time even after a reminder.

Email: help@spicinemas.in
    Twitter handle:
    @SPIcinemas
    09-17-2015 05:04 PM
    @mesamit: Voted for your requested app in the uservoice... :)
    09-17-2015 05:08 PM
    Hey again, got a response from Spicinemas group- the one I earlier mentioned and here's the reply.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for writing to us

Your mail has been forwarded to the concerned department and we hope the best in this regard will be done.

Feel free to mail us with your suggestions and comments.
    Warm Regards,

Customer Relations,
    SPI Cinemas Pvt Limited

Keep in mind that this is after I notified them of an easy port of their existing android/ iOS app so the information needs to be passed on to the right department. I have responded with a thanks but insisted on getting a tentative timeline or if there was at least any effort in that direction.

I have thought of two other apps that we ought to target. A regional one and a popular one.

1. Trip Advisor- They really need to put in some effort on Windows. Their app is downright terrible, it doesn't even support most of the currencies and I think has no integration with maps. (Also noticed that for some reason they stopped the twitter handle for India-one issue at a time though :D)

Email ID: mobilehelp@tripadvisor.com; ‎

Twitter handle: @ TripAdvisor

2. ZipGo- A regional app for Bangalore, India

These guys are just a month old and are starting up something really interesting. They want to reduce traffic congestion and are coming up with a transport system that is app based for buses and similar mass transport vehicles for cheap rates. And they are succeeding where the public transport has been failing: taking vehicles off the road. Would be great to have such influential apps on Windows Phone too.

Email: care@zipgo.in

Twitter: @zipgoapp
    09-18-2015 07:50 PM
    09-26-2015 09:36 AM
    If anyone's still here, we have our first solid response from TripAdvisor :) they are planning to release a major update by Dec 2015.

"Our engineers are currently working to update the mobile app for windows phone. We are hoping to have this update released by December of 2015. In the meantime, I would suggest accessing TripAdvisor by using the full site your mobile device."
    ven07 and wpn00b like this.
    09-28-2015 12:10 PM
    If anyone's still here, we have our first solid response from TripAdvisor :) they are planning to release a major update by Dec 2015.

"Our engineers are currently working to update the mobile app for windows phone. We are hoping to have this update released by December of 2015. In the meantime, I would suggest accessing TripAdvisor by using the full site your mobile device."
    Thanks for the update :D consider sending it in as a tip for WC :)
    09-28-2015 04:39 PM
    @ven07: Yup I just did that...seems newsworthy...they hadn't budged for years when it came to our platform.
    ven07 likes this.
    09-28-2015 08:03 PM
    I actually ended up using my browser, because the app just wasn't worth it... but im happy to know that we're finally getting sth :D
    09-28-2015 09:53 PM
    Vote for Splitwise to come to Windows 10: http://feedback.splitwise.com/forums...-universal-app

Vote for Grindr to come to Windows 10: http://grindr.uservoice.com/forums/2...-universal-app

Vote for Memrise to come to Windows 10: http://feedback.memrise.com/forums/2...gle-app-for-pc

Of course voting will only do so much. It's best to send emails, tweets, etc. to get their attention.
    wpn00b likes this.
    11-29-2015 05:31 PM
    11-29-2015 05:38 PM
    We need the Target Cartwheel App !!
    wpn00b likes this.
    02-02-2016 05:35 PM
    I definitely need the Target Cartwheel app!

This thread is great for spreading ideas. Keep doing what you're doing! I wanted to point everyone's attention to WishAppList : Boost development in Windows 10 et Windows 10 Mobile applications ! as well!!
    02-11-2016 09:13 PM
    Decided to e-mail Dish Network regarding their Dish Anywhere app, for the 100th time. Finally got a different response other than no plans at this time. Take this for what it is worth, as it could be a standard reply for any request or concern. Maybe. just maybe, with Windows 10, they are starting to at least pay attention.

Dear John,

I appreciate that you took the time to suggest improvements. We are already aware of this issue and our engineering department is currently working towards a resolution for this issue. Unfortunately, we do not have a status report for this situation at this time. I have submitted your concern to the appropriate department. We will use the information I submitted for consideration.

If you have any further questions or concerns, you may also visit www.Mydish.com/support/contact to start a live chat with a Customer Service Representative.

Thank you for your email.

Sincerely,

Mario C.
    OPID: 5VP
    dish | eCare
    03-27-2016 06:57 AM
    I have been going around introducing business places to UWA and porting their iPhone apps to Wp10...so far a great response. I have so far gotten 4 local banks (rbc, first cbean, scotia and republic bank.) I emailed the links to the porting tools and what UWA were and also went in and spoke to the IT team...lol
    There's a Windows fan for ya! Lol
    Scorpio5x0 likes this.
    03-27-2016 07:22 AM
  25. Martin Oscar Caballero Sartor's Avatar
    Contacted my bank yesterday via contact page on their mobile site (which is useless for bank operations), Facebook and Twiter, and received replies today via email and Facebook. They say they are working on a Windows 10 app.

Suggested it via WishAppList too, of course.

Banco Hipotecario (Argentina) mobile page contact form (In Spanish): m.hipotecario.com.ar/MasInformacion Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TarjetasCancheras/?fref=nf Twitter: @BcoHipotecario
    04-11-2016 12:29 PM
155 ... 4567