Requested App of the Week

link68759

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Disagree. Remember that there are regions where most of the providers for the weather apps aren't very accurate, which is my case. Atmosphere has a 4 for more degrees discrepancy compared to the actual temperature. Accuweather is invaluable in these regions because it covers every one of them.

You named one app that doesn't work for you- come back when all 200 don't work.

brunoadduarte

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site

I mentioned one app as an example. I said "most providers for the weather apps"... If you had read properly you would've understood that there's more than one app not working there. If there's a chance to have the best I'll ask for the best. So I'm asking for Accuweather Platinum, your arrogance be damned. If you want to help, fine, if you don't, also fine, but don't try to act high and mighty only because you think the platform doesn't need an app.

UchilHasmit

Jun 20, 2014
Visit site
Can we not discuss unnecessary stuff please. He wants that app to be in this platform and suggested it here. The more options we have the better. There's no harm in having 201 weather apps.

Tom87

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
I'd like to nominate 2 apps if that's ok.

1. Nationwide (UK bank/building society)

This one feels a bit selfish as it's only UK based but it is my #1 monst missed app on Windows Phone since I moved to the OS from iOS last year. Nationwide are only one of the last few UK banks that do not have an app in the Windows Phone store. Other high profile banks such as Lloyds, TSB, Natwest, Halifax and Barclays all do.

I have tweeted them (weekly) at @AskNationwide (they must love me!) asking about an app but I get the usual "not at the moment" response.

Furthermore, a fellow Windows Phone user has raised the question on their website at the below link, which has now garnered over 27,000 "up" votes:

Windows Phone/ Windows 8 app - Your Nationwide

I would really appreciate it if this one could be put forward for the Requested App of the Week - a brilliant idea by the way OP, so thank you for organising.

2. BBC News

The BBC have recently released a BBC Sport app on Windows Phone so I am hoping that a BBC News app is not far around the corner, but a gentle reminder would not do any harm!

Thanks all.

Tom

UchilHasmit

Jun 20, 2014
Visit site
I'd like to nominate 2 apps if that's ok.

1. Nationwide (UK bank/building society)
2. BBC News
2 apps? :p You can suggest as many as you like.
And no, its not selfish at all. Infact smaller local app companies are much more likely to respond to our requests.

Make sure that you check in every week and mail/tweet/pm the devs of apps mentioned in the main post. :)

M L

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Also, YouTube? We tried that, Google will not budge, and there are already multiple YouTube apps in the store that are much better than any "official" app would be.

You're right, there do seem to be other second party developers making youtube apps, Metrotube seems to be fine. ...I know google doesn't want to make anything for WP, but I thought they were going to try to ban others from making them too? What happened to Metrotalk? -the second party app made for google voice users. Google forced Microsoft to remove it from the WP store.

wpn00b

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
You're right, there do seem to be other second party developers making youtube apps, Metrotube seems to be fine. ...I know google doesn't want to make anything for WP, but I thought they were going to try to ban others from making them too? What happened to Metrotalk? -the second party app made for google voice users. Google forced Microsoft to remove it from the WP store.
Microsoft made a YouTube app that allowed downloads and disabled ads. They fixed that but Google said it had to be made in HTML 5. Microsoft said that wasn't possible. Google selectively banned Microsoft from this app while allowing the others.

As for Google Voice applications, they announced that they were closing it to third parties but that had nothing to do with YouTube. They just aren't allowing 3rd parties for that app. The fact that they aren't developing this for Windows phone makes this just a convenient way of denying that service to WP users without looking like complete jerks about it.

link68759

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site

Not only is metrotube a wonderful app, there's also tubecast which supports the continued payback (of audio) of what is currently playing even when you minimize the app. The currently playing video also continues to play in a little box while you navigate YouTube through the app, and it has a bookmarklet that let's you open the current YouTube page from internet explorer in tubecast.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Epocrates sent me a Dear John within minutes of my email to them...

[h=3]support@epocrates.com support@epocrates.com via dc639pcubc1n.3-ywurea4.na19.bnc.salesforce.com [/h]
Jan 8 (3 days ago)
cleardot.gif

Good day,

Thank you for contacting support at Epocrates, an athenahealth service.

Epocrates does not currently support Windows Phone and there are not any plans at this time to support Windows Phone in the future.

Epocrates is available for iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, and Android platforms (including Amazon Kindle Fire, and Barnes & Noble Nook HD.) We hope that you will continue to use Epocrates on these platforms, or access Epocrates Online <Epocrates Online> through a computer.

If you are interested in what mobile devices Epocrates currently supports, please see the following page.

Transition My Epocrates | Epocrates

Please let us know if you require further assistance.

Regards,
Rolando

Epocrates Support

To which I replied

[h=3]<email address edited>[/h]
Jan 8 (3 days ago)
cleardot.gif

That is the point... I do not have any other mobile device except Windows Phone.

Your answer is no answer, just a dismissal. Telling me to use a device I do not have, and have no plans on obtaining does not sound satisfactory.

Quora simply sent me message received sort of reply.

[h=3]Quora Support[/h]
Jan 8 (3 days ago)
cleardot.gif

Hello rumorednow,

Thank you for your taking the time to share your feedback with us! We're a small team so we don't always have a chance to respond directly, but we do read and appreciate every email we receive, and we'll do our best to pass along your thoughts and ideas back to the team.

In the meantime, if you need to report an urgent issue, you can reach us:

- for bug reports at bugs@quora.com
- for moderation issues at moderation@quora.com
- for privacy issues at privacy@quora.com

Thanks in advance for your patience and support!

UchilHasmit

Jun 20, 2014
Visit site
Hmmm... So nothing positive this week either it seems. :(

Edit: @adamdangelo, CEO of Quora.. You might wanna tweet at him too.

Last edited:

wpn00b

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Thanks UchilHasmit for filling in the blanks there. I appreciate you digging that up!

dougmor2000. I love the participation and input, but please provide any relevant contact info in your posts as well :)

We want to make sure that everyone is doing their part to keep this thread running as smoothly as possible and also lessening the workload by distributing it to each person participating. This way I can update the thread weekly and can look back at posts and copy/paste the info and just format it accordingly.

Thanks again, also this wasn't just to you. This was just something I've meant to say as there have been a few that have left that information out.

wpn00b

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
FYI I have not forgotten. I just can't seem to update the main post at the moment. From my phone I get a black screen when scrolling to the links. I'll have to wait until at my computer again which will be sometime today.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)