Requested App of the Week

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
1. Bank Of America (it's gone on the first, still works as of today)

I've called them 3 times and sent 3 textes, and also sent a few message on Twitter with no reply.

2. Dish Network's sling app (available on iOS and Android)

I've contacted them about this as well a few times now.

UchilHasmit

Jun 20, 2014
Visit site
1. Bank Of America (it's gone on the first, still works as of today)

I've called them 3 times and sent 3 textes, and also sent a few message on Twitter with no reply.

2. Dish Network's sling app (available on iOS and Android)

I've contacted them about this as well a few times now.

Contact details?

Kovaelin

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
I just stumbled upon this thread here, and though you guys might also want to know about this other thread, which focuses on games.

I haven't really been attracted to mobile gaming until recently. Now, that I see what's available on other platforms, I'd really like to see some of them come over to WP too.

Here are some titles I personally would like to experience:

R?publique by Camouflaj LLC -- whatsup@camouflaj.com - an episodic adventure game with stealth and action.

Heavenstrike Rivals by Square Enix - a tactical RPG with a lot of characters to scratch your strategy and PvP needs. There are quite a few SE games, I would like to see actually. The World Ends With You and Dragon Quest are among them.

Terra Battle by Mistwalker - a tile-based tactical RPG with collectible card game and puzzle elements.

Ayakashi: Ghost Guild by Zynga - a mysterious fantasy themed card battle RPG.

Monster Strike by Mixi - a physics game with RPG and strategy elements.

Also, I totally missed the previous "Buy an App Day", but I'd like to give Game Insight a consideration shoutout for next time. They seem to be good supporters of WP. Is there a set date for the next one yet?

wpn00b

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I just stumbled upon this thread here, and though you guys might also want to know about this other thread, which focuses on games.

I haven't really been attracted to mobile gaming until recently. Now, that I see what's available on other platforms, I'd really like to see some of them come over to WP too.

Here are some titles I personally would like to experience:

R?publique by Camouflaj LLC -- whatsup@camouflaj.com - an episodic adventure game with stealth and action.

Heavenstrike Rivals by Square Enix - a tactical RPG with a lot of characters to scratch your strategy and PvP needs. There are quite a few SE games, I would like to see actually. The World Ends With You and Dragon Quest are among them.

Terra Battle by Mistwalker - a tile-based tactical RPG with collectible card game and puzzle elements.

Ayakashi: Ghost Guild by Zynga - a mysterious fantasy themed card battle RPG.

Monster Strike by Mixi - a physics game with RPG and strategy elements.

Also, I totally missed the previous "Buy an App Day", but I'd like to give Game Insight a consideration shoutout for next time. They seem to be good supporters of WP. Is there a set date for the next one yet?

Thanks for that!

I've let this languish just due to being extremely busy and only having mobile access. I'll update it tomorrow from the PC and add some old requests and new ones to the first post. As mentioned before, please browse through and submit requests as you please, but I'll get back to it tomorrow morning. I'll also be updating it to reflect that I'm most able to update on Sunday mornings.

Last edited:

c933103

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
Actually, the app that I miss most on windows phone devices is:
1. Traditional Chinese Stroke input from asha/Nokia N9/10 years old nokia phones (WP include similar function since wp 8.1 but the usability level is less than that on other devices listed here
2. The nokia map from symbian s60 where it provide an user interface that in my opinion is better than the current nokia map and also come with some details that are missing here
3. 3D Snakes from Nokia N95 which i wasn't able to clear the game before i drop my N95...and i want to clear it back..
4. Cantonese Phonetic input from office 2010 on windows 7.
5. on{x} developed by microsoft for android, a task scheduler
6. A webkit browser which at least like the one from S60 so general touch-enabled webpage can be supported...but I guess the new win10's browser kind of fixed this already
How can I contact Microsoft and/or Microsoft Mobile to request them to port these things onto windows phone?

Last edited:

wpn00b

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
QuizUp sent me an email about beta testing the other day. I meant to post here but it looks like there is an article up now!

mesamit

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site

wpn00b

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
While I wish I could have kept this updated, truth is I've always been too busy to update it. I'm glad people are still reading it and adding suggestions. I'll update the main post eventually but school, work and an upcoming wedding have taken up most of my time.

It seems that Windows 10 is drumming up interest so it is a good time that we continue to send requests for those that are holding out. The times, they are a changin...

Things are looking up!

ZKnowN

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
I had e-mailed some developers and they said that they are waiting for Windows 10 and are not willing to update/introduce major feature in their app. 😖

Last edited:

gMaesterUK

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
I had e-mailed some developers and they said that they are waiting for Windows 10 and are not willing to update/introduce major feature in their app. ��

You'll probably find a number of devs working to that line now, especially with MSFT announcing that you can port iOS & Android apps...

G.

enough2000

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
Waiting for Windows 10 makes a lot of sense for most developers:
- you can use one UI for phone/PC/Xbox (right there are many small but painful differences)
- the API is much more powerful (depends on the app if that is relevant)
- the API is much more consistent between the form factors
- you can use those "bridges" if you have an existing Android/iOS/Win32/Website app

We recommend our customers to target Windows 10 directly, even though we're still far away from Windows 10 Mobile (at least judging from the available previews).

Robert

rianext

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
Hi there,

I dont have any specific apps in mind right now as i dont have much experience with other platforms to know whats good out there. But i do know that what exists on our platform often lack in features and experiences when compared to their offers on android and iOS. So perhaps we should request such developers too that need to bring about cross platform parity?

Either way, am ready to help give this whole thing a push :)

rianext

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
And yes, just got two apps i could think of! These are India specific btw:-

News App- The Hindu:-

Never got a reply from these guys despite emailing them twice. Am not sure their Twitter handle responds to requests or queries. They are the best news service here as far as language and professionalism is considered and already have apps on iOS and Android.

Email: web.thehindu@thehindu.co.in
Twitter Handle:
@the_hindu

Movie booking App- Spicinemas

Got a reply from them once over a year back when they said android is currently their target (they had not released an app for android then). Tried emailing them a few weeks back with the link on porting android/iOS apps to windows 10 mobile. No responses this time even after a reminder.

Email: help@spicinemas.in
Twitter handle:
@SPIcinemas

rianext

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
Hey again, got a response from Spicinemas group- the one I earlier mentioned and here's the reply.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for writing to us

Your mail has been forwarded to the concerned department and we hope the best in this regard will be done.

Feel free to mail us with your suggestions and comments.
Warm Regards,

Customer Relations,
SPI Cinemas Pvt Limited

Keep in mind that this is after I notified them of an easy port of their existing android/ iOS app so the information needs to be passed on to the right department. I have responded with a thanks but insisted on getting a tentative timeline or if there was at least any effort in that direction.

I have thought of two other apps that we ought to target. A regional one and a popular one.

1. Trip Advisor- They really need to put in some effort on Windows. Their app is downright terrible, it doesn't even support most of the currencies and I think has no integration with maps. (Also noticed that for some reason they stopped the twitter handle for India-one issue at a time though :D)

Email ID: mobilehelp@tripadvisor.com; ‎

Twitter handle: @ TripAdvisor

2. ZipGo- A regional app for Bangalore, India

These guys are just a month old and are starting up something really interesting. They want to reduce traffic congestion and are coming up with a transport system that is app based for buses and similar mass transport vehicles for cheap rates. And they are succeeding where the public transport has been failing: taking vehicles off the road. Would be great to have such influential apps on Windows Phone too.

Email: care@zipgo.in

Twitter: @zipgoapp

rianext

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
If anyone's still here, we have our first solid response from TripAdvisor :) they are planning to release a major update by Dec 2015.

"Our engineers are currently working to update the mobile app for windows phone. We are hoping to have this update released by December of 2015. In the meantime, I would suggest accessing TripAdvisor by using the full site your mobile device."

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12