The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
    Hello,

I am starting to notice the app gap in some areas. I go to Costco - and do order stuff online. But their app is only for iOS and Android. I emailed them to ask about a WP version and they said they would pass it on to management which is business speak for GFY.

The website is OK - but hard to see on a browser. Hoping an app would be laid out better.

Supposedly for everyone one person that sends in an request, they assume 10 have the same question.

Anyone else want to email them? Maybe something will happen? Make the WP experience a little better?

You have to be a member:

https://customerservice.costco.com/s...00500000001002
    click the email us option

Thanks,

Mr. V
    01-02-2015 06:32 PM
    Try requesting here :)
    http://forums.windowscentral.com/win...-app-week.html

This streamlines the whole process and can be the go to place for all WP users when they want to check who to "spam" next lol
    Last edited by Guytronic; 01-02-2015 at 10:40 PM. Reason: Added link for Ven...
    wpn00b, Laura Knotek and Guytronic like this.
    01-02-2015 07:06 PM
    No, I think my post is being misunderstood.

I am not asking people to join Costco. I should have said 'existing members' email here.

In reality WP is a small user population, but possibly vocal. Costco is a N. American corporation and WP apps help this community.

Blackberry is not represented either.

Just hoping for a large NA corporation (who sells MS products) to reach out to another platform.

Mr. V
    01-02-2015 10:34 PM
    I don't have a Costco membership, but I have a Sam's Club membership. I'd like to see a Sam's Club app (and a Walmart app, since Walmart owns Sam's Club).
    vEEP pEEP, ven07, wpn00b and 1 others like this.
    01-02-2015 10:48 PM
    Since you don't need the app for offers or discounts to be applied, really what would the app offer over the browser? This is why I don't use this kinda app, well except Amazon but that's rare as the app really blows.
    vEEP pEEP likes this.
    01-02-2015 10:50 PM
    No, I think my post is being misunderstood.

I am not asking people to join Costco. I should have said 'existing members' email here.

In reality WP is a small user population, but possibly vocal. Costco is a N. American corporation and WP apps help this community.

Blackberry is not represented either.

Just hoping for a large NA corporation (who sells MS products) to reach out to another platform.

Mr. V
    I don't think ven07 was mistaking your post as asking people to sign up for Costco. He was saying check out our thread. Post the Costco link there and we will get users here to request your app.

I've made a note of it already and will put it in queue.
    Last edited by wpn00b; 01-03-2015 at 12:15 AM.
    01-02-2015 11:21 PM
    Nice and I will mail them later as well :D
    01-02-2015 11:48 PM
    I just sent them an email

Sent from my Surface 2 using Tapatalk
    vEEP pEEP likes this.
    01-03-2015 08:33 AM
    Hello Br1t,

The browser site is small and hard to see. Apps usually have better views, keep me logged in and can allow personalization. I'd love it if they would let me see what items I have purchased in the past, or let me have grocery list, give me the gas price, select my location, and do my online purchasing. Some say I am a dreamer. Ah consumerism.

You are right, the browser can this as well. I just find it a bit more tedious.

I use the Ebay and Amazon apps as well. Easier to use than the browser view on a phone. And yes, they could update them a bit more...

And, I would like to see WP a little more recognized ....

Mr. V
    ven07 likes this.
    01-03-2015 04:33 PM
    Requested app of the Week?!!!

Who knew?! Thanks!!!! I will place my posts a little more judiciously.

Mr. V
    ven07 likes this.
    01-03-2015 04:34 PM
    I hear that, good points. Mostly why I've used the Amazon app in the past, except for browsing and discovery, I think this is where these retail apps fall down alot.
    vEEP pEEP likes this.
    01-03-2015 05:10 PM
    I don't think ven07 was mistaking your post as asking people to sign up for Costco. He was saying check out our thread. Post the Costco link there and we will get users here to request your app.

I've made a note of it already and will put it in queue.
    Just out of curiosity, has this worked yet?
    01-05-2015 03:03 PM
    Just out of curiosity, has this worked yet?
    We have only just started and are now busy with Snapchat and Epocrates.. Every app gets one week; within that week all of us that want to help will mail or sign a petition etc, but in the end it's up to those companies/developers whether or not they want to release an app. We can only show them that there is a certain demand
    wpn00b and vEEP pEEP like this.
    01-05-2015 03:44 PM