VLC for Windows Phone

Akkaler

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
Guys it is full from bugs. Crashed every time. Background audio not supported properly for mp3 files. And app freezes while playing videos

Loc Ngo

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
VLC works pretty fine for me for the music. The video still doesn't work and there are times that I couldn't exit the app by pressing the "back" button. I applaud the developers for all the hard work. The app was aesthetically designed, can recognise most of my music and artist and automatically add relevant arts for them (where XBOX music fails to do so), feature-rich (still does need the "Repeat" and "Add music to a playlist while viewing it" function though). And they do the app for free (I didn't donate anything, so to me it's completely free), I couldn't complain anything but hope for it to be better.

ali235

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
app was updated yesterday .................current version is 2015.105.1920.4101. i think the crashing could also be related with 512 mb. I am just guessing but it works fine for me on lumia 822

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
app was updated yesterday .................current version is 2015.105.1920.4101. i think the crashing could also be related with 512 mb. I am just guessing but it works fine for me on lumia 822

Couldn't be as like the private beta was done with 10,000 people from all corners of the globe and I'm sure that there were people who had the Lumia 520 which is a 512mb device. So like to alienate those people wouldn't be a good idea as there were tonnes of Lumia 520 phones sold and used still today. Also if I wasn't compatible it would say it in the store. I have Lumia denim would that be the issue with me.

Hotvak123

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I have edge of tomorrow on my Icon with Xbox video player, it runs fine, no lag or syncing issues.
VLC on the other hand has some buffering ,and lip syncing issues. It got better with the update, but still need work.

ali235

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
Re: VLC Released!

for a time bieng mine worked fine..........but it started to hang and freeze.............yeah u r right vdfl.it is definately working better.

vdfl

Jan 4, 2015
Visit site
If you face crashes and lots of bugs try to uninstall and reinstall it. Mine got fixed with that way. And don't forget it's still in beta 😉

Absolutely right you're!!

They have made it better within 2 days in beta version ....atleast we can hope that it will be perfect till the end of the month :)

alphablue597

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
What's better?I can't play any video,mp4.,3gp no matter what size or duration. Also did you try shuffle option for music?I know it's beta, mx player is also beta, but it can plays videos...

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
What's better?I can't play any video,mp4.,3gp no matter what size or duration. Also did you try shuffle option for music?I know it's beta, mx player is also beta, but it can plays videos...

With last night's update they messed up with the Video playback and they are aware of it. The next update should resolve this.

Hotvak123

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Well the last update didn't work on the Icon , it loads the time line but no movie, it won't even load my home video shot with the Icon.
have faith they will get it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium