VLC for Windows Phone

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Ya update made vlc play video but it does not play music .It crashes when we play music.But atleast it I playing videos fine.

From Windows phone

shadownjoke

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
Well, just received 1.0.5.0. and things worsened in comparison to 1.0.4.0. Now some album art and artists don't want to show up and if they do, it says that there are no songs there. Still no video playback at all. Lumia 920

thron

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
The update is improved from 1.0 - but, when I go to play an album, it seems to shuffle them, even though I didn't opt for shuffle.
And is the album art being pulled from the web?? If so, that's not cool at all, a lot of us (including me) have limited data and this is an intense waste of bandwidth. It should be using the track's meta data instead.

For example, Metallica S&M had some bizzarre non-Metallica cover art in v1.0, after the update, it's a black and green X. I put the album art to the tracks myself. This green X is most definitely not attached to the track!

SammyD97

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
For example, Metallica S&M had some bizzarre non-Metallica cover art in v1.0, after the update, it's a black and green X. I put the album art to the tracks myself. This green X is most definitely not attached to the track!

This album?
8f411a471ebf36b0372bfc56e479572a.png

Its pulled the incorrect album for me as well. Some Snoopdogg album cover for a Coldplay album. Using Last.fm should be optional though since it seems some people have a problem with this method.

Last edited:

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Not getting album covers at all but my music is playing fine so not an issue. By the way that was a screenshot of MixRadio not VLC I'm confused are you talking about Ed Sheeran, Snoop Dog or Coldplay?

SammyD97

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Not getting album covers at all but my music is playing fine so not an issue. By the way that was a screenshot of MixRadio not VLC I'm confused are you talking about Ed Sheeran, Snoop Dog or Coldplay?

Lol. I know it was MixRadio not VLC. I was just asking if he incorrectly got the Ed Sheeren album cover instead of Metallica. I was talking about getting incorrect album art using my own experiences. I got a Snoop Dogg album cover instead of a Ghost Stories by Coldplay. I didn't use a VLC screenshot because it freezes a lot.

Last edited:

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Lol. I know it was MixRadio not VLC. I was just asking is he incorrectly got the Ed Sheeren album cover instead of Metallica. I was talking about getting incorrect album art using my own experiences. I got a Snoop Dogg album cover instead of a Ghost Stories by Coldplay. I didn't use a VLC screenshot because it freezes a lot.

I get you now lol. Sorry bout that. 😊

Loc Ngo

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
Guys, the app works for me. It does show album arts. Here are what I did:
First, delete the app. Second, do a fresh install. Last, do a soft reset. This should work as it worked for me.
Good luck. 😊

thron

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
This album?
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/01/10/8f411a471ebf36b0372bfc56e479572a.png
Its pulled the incorrect album for me as well. Some Snoopdogg album cover for a Coldplay album. Using Last.fm should be optional though since it seems some people have a problem with this method.

No, completely different artist & album, but that IS the green x!

I hope the last.fm integration becomes optional in the next update, I don't like my data being used for that at all.

Not to mention, its 100% buggy for artists who have a common name. Last.fm shares pages between artists like that, so the artist background will be completely goofed up.

I liked using the mpatool app to manually set the artist photo locally in windows 8 phone. Hopefully vlc goes more in that direction with the next update... It shouldn't even connect to the web unless we opt-in.

thron

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone know if VLC is providing updates anywhere of what they're working on for this app? I'm interested to follow.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss