VLC non beta Live now!

stenson625

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site
On a low ram of 512MB, I found it completely unusable as it crashes all the time it tries to open and generates a bug 🐛 report that says low ram as I email it to them. After all, it is not smooth; after the long time spent by the team.
Anyway, if it doesn't work, let them try more on ram management strategic code.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
So far, I've tried only one video that I had recorded on my 1520. It didn't play it very well.. Stuttered and the video tearing like there's a vertical sync issue. Looks like there's still work to be done.

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
This app must've had some of the worst testers ever. Either that or they just weren't listening to the feedback. Microsoft should tighten up its Beta policy. Require any app denoted beta to have a proper channel to report bugs other than in the app reviews, and give them a specific timeframe to move it into production. If they can't meet the deadline they either have to request an extension or at that point MS should have the right to:

1. remove beta from the title and declare it live
2. remove it from the store entirely.

The app store is a direct reflection of MS's mobile offering so implementing controls and forcing devs to adhere to them isn't unreasonable at all.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99