Windows phone apps always comes to store with lots of bugs .

vdfl

Jan 4, 2015
Visit site
Vlc player finally came to store but with lots of bugs .Video is not working at all and so slow the app is .

Last edited:

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Even the Android version wasn't great for a while.

or so I've heard.

The VLC app is beta, heck its still under development.

_Emi_

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
WindowsCentral already wrote an article about this.

yes, it came with bugs and all because it's not officially released, it's just a mistake they probably made because it's still in closed beta.
so yeah, it's obvious bugs and bad things would happen in this version.
It's funny how you write the title of the thread... "apps always"? really? I know some apps have problems but other run nice, whatsapp doesn't give any problem to anyone of my family for example. only because you downloaded a version that was not meant to be in store, it doesn't mean every app comes with bugs.

Next time you should read what WindowsCentral says about a release before making a thread about the obvious, VLC is not good enough yet, I don't even like VLC team or their player, but it's silly to criticize an app when it's obvious it was still on closed beta and this was just a mistake. because VLC team is slow, two months in closed beta would have been a record for them.

Like I said WindowsCentral already wrote an article about this and they made an update correcting it:

Update: Sorry guys, looks like this is still the beta release. While the link appears to have been leaked, this version is not meant for the public and it should not be considered the big, official release for this app. Stay tuned for the official version, which should address many issues that people are experiencing.

vdfl

Jan 4, 2015
Visit site
Ya you are right that WhatsApp and all other apps are running properly but it was after several updates even we haven't got the facebook with all features.... That's why I said always. I am not criticising any app .

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Ya agreed but that is due to its distant third place.Unfortunately we users have to endure the pain of getting half baked app.I will use wp till its death that is it am not a app freak.For me Xbox video app is better compared to vlc.So no problem for me.But one thing for sure whole wp is love at first sight thing.I love it that is why I don't care for apps or game.

vdfl

Jan 4, 2015
Visit site
Ya I agree with you but Xbox video does not support subtitles and Is so slow even after getting several updates every week . They need to make the app available in store only after fixing all the bugs .

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Ya I agree with you but Xbox video does not support subtitles and Is so slow even after getting several updates every week . They need to make the app available in store only after fixing all the bugs .

Hey it supports subtitles man.update gave that function.It rarely crashes on my aging lumia 820 with latest dp.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Always? Lots?

Your glass is half empty isn't it?

Unfortunately, guests can not check your post history and profile to see that you have only just joined are bashing the whole Windows Phone ecosystem because you are not happy with the quality of one Beta release that isn't publicly available.

It's like me coming to your house and looking around. I don't like the way your drapes are hung because they are on a temporary rod while the regular one gets repaired. Then I say you Always decorate with Lots of ugly items used incorrectly. The rest of your house could look immaculate and picture perfect. No one reading my statement would know that though.

I have plenty of Apps that work just fine thank you. I'm very certain your title is inaccurate at best and at worst is slanderous. Are you seriously judging the whole ecosystem based on the Beta of one unreleased App???

vdfl

Jan 4, 2015
Visit site
I have already said that many of the popular apps like facebook , instagram and twitter are not same like the android and ios version and they have lots of bugs and less features compared to them.
I am not judging the whole ecosystem for just one app , it was just a question which the android user do not suffer from.
And I'm a huge fan of Windows . I love windows and always will .

anon(2523636)

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I have already said that many of the popular apps like facebook , instagram and twitter are not same like the android and ios version and they have lots of bugs and less features compared to them.
I am not judging the whole ecosystem for just one app , it was just a question which the android user do not suffer from.
And I'm a huge fan of Windows . I love windows and always will .
I have a Win Phone personally, and support WP, Android, iOS and Blackberry for work. I can assure you all the app stores have plenty of buggy apps.

vdfl

Jan 4, 2015
Visit site
I have a Win Phone personally, and support WP, Android, iOS and Blackberry for work. I can assure you all the app stores have plenty of buggy apps.
Absolutely correct you are but you also know that still we have not got the update of facebook like android , still instagram is in beta version . Xbox video has got several updates for fixing the bugs but still it is not so smooth it lag sometimes and video resumes very slow. Sorry for that title ... I should have name the title has Why apps on windows store takes lot of time for fixing the bugs and providing all the features that the app has.??

anon(2523636)

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Absolutely correct you are but you also know that still we have not got the update of facebook like android , still instagram is in beta version . Xbox video has got several updates for fixing the bugs but still it is not so smooth it lag sometimes and video resumes very slow. Sorry for that title ... I should have name the title has Why apps on windows store takes lot of time for fixing the bugs and providing all the features that the app has.??

Its down to market share and therefore the resource allocated by companies. Globally Android has approx 80% of the smartphone market (dropping to around 50% in countries like UK/USA). At its highest WP has about 15%, with a global share around 5% (Nov14 figures). Therefore software companies are going to focus resource on the biggest market. Instagram have a large dev team for Android, and a (much) smaller one for WP. Facebook don't even bother with a WP dev team (Microsoft develops the app and doesn't necessarily have access to all the internal resources that the internal team does)

vdfl

Jan 4, 2015
Visit site
Its down to market share and therefore the resource allocated by companies. Globally Android has approx 80% of the smartphone market (dropping to around 50% in countries like UK/USA). At its highest WP has about 15%, with a global share around 5% (Nov14 figures). Therefore software companies are going to focus resource on the biggest market. Instagram have a large dev team for Android, and a (much) smaller one for WP. Facebook don't even bother with a WP dev team (Microsoft develops the app and doesn't necessarily have access to all the internal resources that the internal team does)

So according to the figures we will not get full featured apps on time untill the WP share some particular % in the market ???
Is that what you want to say??
So it is a big disadvantage for me to buy a WP at this time .

PS: I am a big WP fan , I don't want people who switch from Android to Windows to think that they made a mistake.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)