Windows phone apps always comes to store with lots of bugs .

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Part of it I THINK stems from MS not releasing the WP8 sdk to devs before releasing the os, giving them time to learn it. I think this turned a lot of good devs off to the platform entirely and caused other slow adopters to begin working with a platform they weren't familiar enough with and not being able to see some of the issues they were running into beforehand. Thomas Nigro is an oustanding dev (he only developed arguably the best media player on the market) so if even he's running into issues that should speak volumes.

MS didn't make it easy on devs so they should be shouldering some of the blame. In some cases it does have to with larger companies not thinking WP is important enough to be bothered with, but in some cases it has to with devs who won't touch WP with a 10 foot pole and those cases are MS's own fault.

Last edited:

vdfl

Jan 4, 2015
Visit site
Part of it I THINK stems from MS not releasing the WP8 sdk to devs before releasing it. I think this turned a lot of good devs off to the platform entirely and caused other slow adopters to begin working with a platform they weren't familiar enough with and not being able to see some of the issues they were running into beforehand. Thomas Nigro is an oustanding dev (he only developed arguably the best media player on the market) so if even he's running into issues that should speak volumes.

MS didn't make it easy on devs so they should be shouldering so of the blame. In some cases it does have to with larger companies not thinking WP is important enough to be bothered with, but in some cases it has to with devs who won't touch WP with a 10 foot pole and those cases are MS's own fault.

Yes right!! ... Ms have to take this seriously and should provide wp8 sdk to the developers rather it would create a problem and could face loss .

FAHMI BASSEM

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
I agree, in my opinion WP won't get a better market share if MS hasn't done anything, MS must pay for developers and companies to release or update their apps, MS must pay now to make money later.
I am nit sure what MS tries to do, but I think they want WP to deserve the apps, without paying anything.
We must wait W10 on 21\1 and see what MS has for us.

Liviu Avram

May 17, 2014
Visit site
Dude... you use a 40$ phone and you expect the same quality as iOS (300$+ phones)? It's not the apps, it's your very low end device. Some recent apps dont properly work on the 520 because these apps are not tested that much by QA (Quality Assurance) on Lumia 520, therefore, they dont know they're buggy. I'm a QA myself.

Hakeem Greeen

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
Dude... you use a 40$ phone and you expect the same quality as iOS (300$+ phones)? It's not the apps, it's your very low end device. Some recent apps dont properly work on the 520 because these apps are not tested that much by QA (Quality Assurance) on Lumia 520, therefore, they dont know they're buggy. I'm a QA myself.

Exactly!! I see people always complaining about WP and comparing low end devices to iPhones all the time and it's painful to hear. We get what we pay for. Pretty good price for a device if you ask me.

These threads are becoming increasingly common on wpc recently. Probably just a phase.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Exactly!! I see people always complaining about WP and comparing low end devices to iPhones all the time and it's painful to hear. We get what we pay for. Pretty good price for a device if you ask me.

These threads are becoming increasingly common on wpc recently. Probably just a phase.

I don't know, I've seen my share of $300 XP netbook vs $1000 MacBook direct comparisons.

mathsisbest

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
What I don't get is how videoLAN could create VLC beta that can't even play videos :/

Isn't that a basic function? I'd understand bugs such as not showing subtitles or something, but not even playing videos is scandalous, especially when videoLAN said it would be easy.

There's a beta, and then there's s***. WP users need to know the difference.

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
What I don't get is how videoLAN could create VLC beta that can't even play videos :/

Isn't that a basic function? I'd understand bugs such as not showing subtitles or something, but not even playing videos is scandalous, especially when videoLAN said it would be easy.

There's a beta, and then there's s***. WP users need to know the difference.

After latest update.it I working fine for me.Except album cover for local music.All music are labelled as unknown album.But the app I usable.Try for yourself.

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site

I have a 520 and apps run fine on it. Its easy for apple to be doing well as they have been around longer then windows phone os. In so far as innovation that's where apple are stagnant. Only last year the released a big screen phone. I have my Lumia 520 a year and a half and it was bigger then my sisters more expensive iphone 4S. If I were to move to any other OS (which I wont as I love windows too much as its kwerky and when it takes off it will decimate all other phones) I would move to android as Samsung, HTC and Sony are high innovative companies. Apple are so behind tech innovation wise.

OmarAbouElkhir

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site
Well, the general rule is that most of software & hardware are developed with the "Agile methodology" in mind, which means:
  1. Introduce the product
  2. Get user feedback
  3. Enhance & reiterate

So this happens with everything not only Windows Phone apps. :)

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos