Guys, Quit Being Jerks

tiziano27

Banned
Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
Dude, everybody makes mistakes. I make so many everyday it hurts sometimes. But that's how I've reached the level of success I have. What you call drama, an entrepreneur calls confidence. When you're pushing to be the best you sometimes make statements that are borne of chutzpah and can land some serious egg on your face. I applaud those who don't settle for the safe side of the street, we all should. Those of us who are fans of WP have to wake up to the fact that we're in third place and very far from 2nd with the 4th place guy nipping at our heels. Want to whine and complain? Don't go crying when all the devs leave.

Clearly the VLC developers aren't as good as you. They're whining because they received a one star review for a objectively awful job.

App development is not charity, these guys got payed to develop the apps.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
App development is not charity, these guys got payed to develop the apps.

Then those who coughed up the dough should be the ones complaining. You can spin this anyway you wish but the bottom line is there is no excuse for getting nasty or calling someone out by name.

Dragone

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Even if I do not tolerate such comments, VLC Developers are proving themself a bunch of silly kids if they write something like "we won't devel for a community of offenders" after an episode like this. There is no such thing like "a community of offenders" : no rational person could ever think there is any form or relation between different people using a WP device. The same moron writing such a comment could have been using Android and doing the very same.

There is no frustation here, I don't care about VLC. Yet, VLC for WP sucks and this truth could make any vulgar user react like that any time on any platform.

I think we should NOT make a fuss about this stupid story.

tiziano27

Banned
Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
Then those who coughed up the dough should be the ones complaining. You can spin this anyway you wish but the bottom line is there is no excuse for getting nasty or calling someone out by name.

Maybe the reviewer contributed in the kickstarter.
Since when calling someone by name is an insult? Or maybe the problem is the word "Slow"..but I'd say It represent quite well the reality of the situation

To me this thread so wrong. The VLC developers should be apologizing for their awful job, asking humbly for more patience, or returning the money.

D M C

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
Dude, everybody makes mistakes. I make so many everyday it hurts sometimes. But that's how I've reached the level of success I have. What you call drama, an entrepreneur calls confidence. When you're pushing to be the best you sometimes make statements that are borne of chutzpah and can land some serious egg on your face. I applaud those who don't settle for the safe side of the street, we all should. Those of us who are fans of WP have to wake up to the fact that we're in third place and very far from 2nd with the 4th place guy nipping at our heels. Want to whine and complain? Don't go crying when all the devs leave.

I always read lines like "I don't bother apps" "Apps aren't my priority ".
So what now?

Their are tons of apps in WP store which have negative comments. Even official MS have more negative comments than VLC.
No one bother with them so why only VLC?
What so special about them?
Are they more important than other devs?

Second thing users are saying truth. Vlc isn't good right now and they are very slow.
So, users are just saying what they feel about it. Is it wrong?
What you want with them commenting sweet lies?

It's a small thing, happening everywhere. Just get it over and move on

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
I'm not surprised at the lack of class displayed by WP users considering how this community has become full of whiners and trolls that cry about anything and everything. It was only a matter of time before it spilled out elsewhere. Someone else put it best when he said this place is now "Whiners (Phone) Central"

I think someone needs to write an article on the main site teaching some of these knuckleheads about what alpha and beta versions are.

Funny how my windows phone user experience improved greatly after I stopped reading the forums on a regular basis.

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site

Here here!!! Could not agree more. 😊

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I hate this thread soo much. There's whiners everywhere, whiners come out on forum sites, there's nothing anybody can do about it. But the response from VideoLAN is pathetic. Every ecosystem is going to find crappy reviews, especially an ecosystem that you ask for money from and put out a subpar app for. It was going to happen, they don't need to stoop down as low as a single commented.

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I hate this thread soo much. There's whiners everywhere, whiners come out on forum sites, there's nothing anybody can do about it. But the response from VideoLAN is pathetic. Every ecosystem is going to find crappy reviews, especially an ecosystem that you ask for money from and put out a subpar app for. It was going to happen, they don't need to stoop down as low as a single commented.

Thank you, lemming, for proving that it's easier to follow than lead. Everyone is a jerk, so you might as well be too, and the rest of us should just get over it.

(No offense to you, I'm being sarcastic for point of example.)

Nicholas Maguire

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Funny how my windows phone user experience improved greatly after I stopped reading the forums on a regular basis.

I can understand that. The forums and comments on Windows Central would make you think that Windows Phone is doomed, lol. They'd make you think that it's lower than 0.5% the way everyone talks.

Slovenix

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Also stop being a jerk about Google or other company products and services, the only one losing something is you and not the other way. Clearly you don't know what you're missing. It's all free after all.

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Vlc team are right in this one.

Too true as I've said before it was a private beta leaked it was never meant to be made public until all the kinks were worked out. I think the person who leaked this should be held responsible for it. Its after causing a bad smear campaign against VideoLabs and Windows Phone.

Blade800

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
My take on this is that there is no reason and there never should be to attack or offend developers altough I think that wasnt really an offend. It wouldnt offend me personally. On the other side, they as a company should behave more profesionally. This seemed a little ****-hurt and seriously, to threaten the whole community just because one bad review when there are tons and tons of those on other platforms. This is just stupid.

By the way to be honest, I recieved like 3 updates already and the player in its current state is unusable. It freezes, do random things. Cant play videos. Its broken, atleast for me. Using Lumia 925.

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
My take on this is that there is no reason and there never should be to attack or offend developers altough I think that wasnt really an offend. It wouldnt offend me personally. On the other side, they as a company should behave more profesionally. This seemed a little ****-hurt and seriously, to threaten the whole community just because one bad review when there are tons and tons of those on other platforms. This is just stupid.

By the way to be honest, I recieved like 3 updates already and the player in its current state is unusable. It freezes, do random things. Cant play videos. Its broken, atleast for me. Using Lumia 925.

IM up to version 1.0.4.0 music and video running smoothly. First time I played music or video on it was today. I have had it in my phone 3 days now. Its only getting better. 😊

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb