The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
    A phone (i.e_ iPhone) which had no sharing option, has also received an app like Xender and SuperBeam through which the iPhone users can easily share files to multiple devices.
    But when will windows phone users will receive such an app?

Already windows phone was lagging behind the iPhone in terms of many apps, but now windows phone is also lagging behind iPhone in terms of 'sharing'.
    Last edited by rohitsars; 01-08-2015 at 12:57 AM.
    01-05-2015 07:44 PM
    Umm... We can do that stuff natively...
    Last edited by Nicholas Maguire; 01-05-2015 at 08:17 PM.
    01-05-2015 07:54 PM
    Yes, Windows Phone does sharing quite nicely natively. There are also several apps that allow you to share to multiple devices simultaneously. I have one. Nice to have when I want to send a set of photos to my wife's phone, my laptop, and my wife's laptop at the same time and not have to do each device separately.

Just because WP doesn't have the exact same app port by the same developer for a particular app, doesn't mean WP doesn't have an app that supports doing something.

You're implying that Windows Phone does not support sharing, because it doesn't have Xender or SuperBeam. That is a very lame premise. Please, if you're going to have a Windows Phone (or perhaps you don't have one since you were ignorant of the sharing fact), then take the time and learn all it can do before you get online to start whining. I'm tired of the whiners.

Sometimes I feel like I should start a forum for Windows Phone for users that are 50 or over the age of 50. That would eliminate nearly all of the whiners right there. Except, it can't be for Windows Phone, because it isn't called that anymore. Okay, how about "Windows for Seniors". That would be a great place. I'll have to Bing that, see if I can find one already out there.
    01-06-2015 09:09 AM
    I'm not saying that windows phone doesn't supports sharing.
    I'm just saying that iPhone have received an app like xender and SuperBeam.

Both of these two apps are very famous, very fast, easy and convenient.
    01-06-2015 11:29 AM
    Boy people just come and whine for no reason what so ever. Windows Phone has sharing. So what if it doesn't have xender and superbeam.
    rhapdog and Nicholas Maguire like this.
    01-06-2015 11:36 AM
    I recently have experienced speed of Xender (my friends were sharing some pics using this app on their droid devices) and I can bet native bluetooth is way faster. It gets your job done in a better and faster way.
    rhapdog and Nicholas Maguire like this.
    01-06-2015 11:44 AM
    So, iPhone FINALLY comes out with the ability to share files with NON iPhones, something Android and Windows Phone have had built-in ability to do since day one, except for sharing to an iPhone because iPhone couldn't handle sharing outside of i-products. This is supposed to be making them better than everyone else all of a sudden, just because they are finally catching up and have a way to do it slower than the native Bluetooth sharing?

Yeah, keep talking, rohitsars, but nobody here or even in the Android forums I'll bet will want to buy what you're selling. #sickofthewhiners
    01-06-2015 02:31 PM
    WP is the doomz.... /s :)
    01-06-2015 02:36 PM
    rhapdog, I would like to inform you that even I'm a big fan of windows phone. I'm using Windows phone for last 3 years and have never complaint anything.

Talking about SuperBeam and Xender is just an suggestion.

And sir if you are saying that Bluetooth is faster than this apps then I'm really very sorry to say that you are absolutely wrong, because I'm not taking about to share small sized files, I'm talking about large sized files(I.e. 500MB or lets take 999MB).
    You yourself go and compare the speed in between Bluetooth sharing and such apps sharing.
    You will get to know which sharing way is easier and fastest.
    01-06-2015 09:58 PM
    I'm sorry to tell you that apps like this truly are useless on a platform that already has great sharing functionality built in. I've shared entire movies and music albums using Bluetooth from my phone to Android users and other Windows Phone users.
    raycpl likes this.
    01-06-2015 10:24 PM
    I'm sorry to tell you that apps like this truly are useless on a platform that already has great sharing functionality built in. I've shared entire movies and music albums using Bluetooth from my phone to Android users and other Windows Phone users.

Sir, (respectfully) I'm not arguing that we can share or can not share the files through our windows phone.

I'm talking about the speed.

I have tested this apps. Even I have shared a movie through Bluetooth, but when I shared the same movie(Same sized file) through such apps it hardly took a time as compared to Bluetooth speed.
    01-06-2015 10:53 PM
    rhapdog, I would like to inform you that even I'm a big fan of windows phone. I'm using Windows phone for last 3 years and have never complaint anything.

Talking about SuperBeam and Xender is just an suggestion.

And sir if you are saying that Bluetooth is faster than this apps then I'm really very sorry to say that you are absolutely wrong, because I'm not taking about to share small sized files, I'm talking about large sized files(I.e. 500MB or lets take 999MB).
    You yourself go and compare the speed in between Bluetooth sharing and such apps sharing.
    You will get to know which sharing way is easier and fastest.
    I would advise you to do some research before commenting here. If you liked at the WP store, there Adobe really great apps for sharing via Wi-Fi. Take "easy transfer", which is far better than super beam as it can share worth any device having Wi-Fi-my laptop, desktop, WP, Android, iPhone and even my old Nokia c3. This type of functionality is not present in Android or ios. Seriously man, do some research.
    anadi1984 likes this.
    01-06-2015 11:08 PM
    I would advise you to do some research before commenting here. If you liked at the WP store, there Adobe really great apps for sharing via Wi-Fi. Take "easy transfer", which is far better than super beam as it can share worth any device having Wi-Fi-my laptop, desktop, WP, Android, iPhone and even my old Nokia c3. This type of functionality is not present in Android or ios. Seriously man, do some research.

I know there are such Wi-Fi apps available on WP store. In fact I'm also using one of them i.e Wi-Fi file sharer.

And that's not my point, that is there any app available or not.
    I'm just suggesting that WP store should add the app SuperBeam and Xender, as its been used by many of the users.

I don't know why?, here people started to differentiate the things between such type of apps and"Bluetooth".

I'm saying that if our OS WP8.1 wp store have the apps like easy transfer, Wi-Fi file sharer, shareIt; then MS should also launch the apps like SuperBeam and Xender.
    And I don't think so, that I'm saying anything wrong in that.
    01-07-2015 02:30 AM
    I'm saying that if our OS WP8.1 wp store have the apps like easy transfer, Wi-Fi file sharer, shareIt; then MS should also launch the apps like SuperBeam and Xender.
    Well, reach out to the developers of Superbeam and Xender. Microsoft has nothing to do with that. Microsoft doesn't make the apps, the app developers do. Request these apps in the Requested Apps of the Week forum post.
    rhapdog likes this.
    01-07-2015 11:07 AM

It is funny, how some people perceive Microsoft is to be blamed for everything lol...
    01-07-2015 09:07 PM
    It is funny, how some people perceive Microsoft is to be blamed for everything lol...
    Please correct yourself.
    I'm not blaming, I'm suggesting.
    01-07-2015 10:47 PM
    I just don't see why you want these particular apps when the OS does it natively.
    01-07-2015 10:52 PM
    Please correct yourself.
    I'm not blaming, I'm suggesting.
    Problem is, you ARE blaming Microsoft. You're suggesting to the wrong people. Microsoft DOES NOT make the apps. That's not their job, it's not their apps. Like I said, contact the developers of SuberBeam and Xender if you want the apps.
    Last edited by Nicholas Maguire; 01-08-2015 at 09:42 PM.
    01-07-2015 10:55 PM
    To say why they are not available WP has no wifi-direct capability. try feem a cross platform for sharing files via wifi and does not need to enter your address in receivers browser like you do in wifi file sharer and easy transfer.
    01-07-2015 11:14 PM
    To say why they are not available WP has no wifi-direct capability. try feem a cross platform for sharing files via wifi and does not need to enter your address in receivers browser like you do in wifi file sharer and easy transfer.
    I think this is what the OP wants to say, but he doesn't know the words for that...
    01-07-2015 11:18 PM
    I just don't see why you want these particular apps when the OS does it natively.
    Cuz iPhone!!!
    01-07-2015 11:27 PM
    Does Windows Phone natively support file sharing through Wifi Direct?
    01-07-2015 11:48 PM

Ok.

Thanks for the information.
    01-08-2015 01:07 AM
    Does Windows Phone natively support file sharing through Wifi Direct?

You can share your files through Wi-Fi file sharer or easy transfer or shareIt.
    Last edited by rohitsars; 01-08-2015 at 12:41 PM.
    01-08-2015 01:20 AM