What do you think of the moves to close the app gap ! ?????

SpO BoB

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
What happenes if Microsoft really supports the android apps and Cortana Become available on android will you stick to windows phone ??

Last edited:

Lee Power

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
Cant see Microsoft being stupid to allow Cortana to be ported over to any other operating system. Cortana is Microsoft's baby & should only be allowed to work on a device running a Microsoft operating system.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Cant see Microsoft being stupid to allow Cortana to be ported over to any other operating system. Cortana is Microsoft's baby & should only be allowed to work on a device running a Microsoft operating system.

Would users of other platforms take advantage of it if it were available? It's quite similar to Google Now on Android. Would Android users bother?

Now the iPhone, that's a different story. Siri is not nearly as capable. The problem is that Cortana would probably not have the OS access to iOS it would need to be fully functional.

SpO BoB

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
Would users of other platforms take advantage of it if it were available? It's quite similar to Google Now on Android. Would Android users bother?

Now the iPhone, that's a different story. Siri is not nearly as capable. The problem is that Cortana would probably not have the OS access to iOS it would need to be fully functional.

You are right .. But once Cortana be full function .. It will swipe all away .. Imagine if it uses the data base of google and its varieties over Bing ... It will make people go for other platforms as "Samsung" for example ... They can make high end devices with all Cortana work and the reliability of android will lower the market for Microsoft .. Even if versions of Samsung for WP may be of higher end ... And have u heard the news that even Lumia camera will be available on other WP devices other than lumias ,,, this will be challenging !!

Jaredallister

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
Yup, Apple will block Cortana at every attempt.
Why? Apple allowed Google Now on iOS. Why wouldn't Apple allow Cortana? Because it competes with Siri? Apple is in the business of selling hardware, not selling a digital personal assistant. Cortana being on the iPhone would be just another reason for the average person to buy an iPhone. So I don't understand why you think Apple would block it. Microsoft can just make Cortana an app and submit it to the App Store or do what Google did with Google Now and intergrate it into the Bing app. Doesn't make business sense for Apple to block it.

someone2639

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Why? Apple allowed Google Now on iOS. Why wouldn't Apple allow Cortana? Because it competes with Siri? Apple is in the business of selling hardware, not selling a digital personal assistant. Cortana being on the iPhone would be just another reason for the average person to buy an iPhone. So I don't understand why you think Apple would block it. Microsoft can just make Cortana an app and submit it to the App Store or do what Google did with Google Now and intergrate it into the Bing app. Doesn't make business sense for Apple to block it.

I meant in the sense that Cortana does some system-reserved stuff.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I meant in the sense that Cortana does some system-reserved stuff.

Google Now does as well. I haven't used GN on an iPhone, but I do know that it's somewhat restricted, compared to on an Android. I would imagine that if Cortana were to come to iOS, it would be restricted as well.

Cortana on a WP and Google Now on an Android are very similar to each other. On an iPhone I suspect they would still be very similar to each other, in a more restricted fashion.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)