The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
    What happenes if Microsoft really supports the android apps and Cortana Become available on android will you stick to windows phone ??
    Last edited by SpO BoB; 01-08-2015 at 06:44 AM.
    01-07-2015 04:55 AM
    Yup, Apple will block Cortana at every attempt.
    01-15-2015 07:51 AM
    Nothing beats being a Microsoft fan
    01-15-2015 07:53 AM
    Cant see Microsoft being stupid to allow Cortana to be ported over to any other operating system. Cortana is Microsoft's baby & should only be allowed to work on a device running a Microsoft operating system.
    01-15-2015 07:56 AM
    Cant see Microsoft being stupid to allow Cortana to be ported over to any other operating system. Cortana is Microsoft's baby & should only be allowed to work on a device running a Microsoft operating system.
    Would users of other platforms take advantage of it if it were available? It's quite similar to Google Now on Android. Would Android users bother?

Now the iPhone, that's a different story. Siri is not nearly as capable. The problem is that Cortana would probably not have the OS access to iOS it would need to be fully functional.
    aximtreo likes this.
    01-16-2015 09:44 PM
    Hahaha .... Hilarious .. Apple only have an eaten apple logo xD nothing more
    01-18-2015 02:53 AM
    Would users of other platforms take advantage of it if it were available? It's quite similar to Google Now on Android. Would Android users bother?

Now the iPhone, that's a different story. Siri is not nearly as capable. The problem is that Cortana would probably not have the OS access to iOS it would need to be fully functional.
    You are right .. But once Cortana be full function .. It will swipe all away .. Imagine if it uses the data base of google and its varieties over Bing ... It will make people go for other platforms as "Samsung" for example ... They can make high end devices with all Cortana work and the reliability of android will lower the market for Microsoft .. Even if versions of Samsung for WP may be of higher end ... And have u heard the news that even Lumia camera will be available on other WP devices other than lumias ,,, this will be challenging !!
    01-18-2015 02:59 AM
    Why? Apple allowed Google Now on iOS. Why wouldn't Apple allow Cortana? Because it competes with Siri? Apple is in the business of selling hardware, not selling a digital personal assistant. Cortana being on the iPhone would be just another reason for the average person to buy an iPhone. So I don't understand why you think Apple would block it. Microsoft can just make Cortana an app and submit it to the App Store or do what Google did with Google Now and intergrate it into the Bing app. Doesn't make business sense for Apple to block it.
    01-18-2015 12:21 PM
    Why? Apple allowed Google Now on iOS. Why wouldn't Apple allow Cortana? Because it competes with Siri? Apple is in the business of selling hardware, not selling a digital personal assistant. Cortana being on the iPhone would be just another reason for the average person to buy an iPhone. So I don't understand why you think Apple would block it. Microsoft can just make Cortana an app and submit it to the App Store or do what Google did with Google Now and intergrate it into the Bing app. Doesn't make business sense for Apple to block it.
    I meant in the sense that Cortana does some system-reserved stuff.
    01-19-2015 12:50 AM
    I meant in the sense that Cortana does some system-reserved stuff.
    Google Now does as well. I haven't used GN on an iPhone, but I do know that it's somewhat restricted, compared to on an Android. I would imagine that if Cortana were to come to iOS, it would be restricted as well.

Cortana on a WP and Google Now on an Android are very similar to each other. On an iPhone I suspect they would still be very similar to each other, in a more restricted fashion.
    01-20-2015 06:53 AM