myTube! update not installing properly

arifdanials

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
I wanted to update the application because of well, it's improved UI and what else. But it had a code error of c101a7d1 which I searched the internet for the solution which suggested me to cancel the failed update, uninstall the application and reinstall it back. But when I tried to install it back, the install failed with the error code of 80004005 which is to my understanding is related to Windows Phone OS updates and isn't really related to the app updates (correct me if I'm wrong about this) but as the text box suggests me to restart the phone if the problem continues, well the error is still there, I have to use Tubecast as my alternative, but I'm already fond of myTube! Any suggestions to help solve my problem? Is 80004005 related to the WiFi if the modem has certain problems? Because my Wi-Fi modem doesn't really provide a consistent service
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 620 PfD WP 8.1 + Cyan using Tapatalk

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
I get the same even uninstall does not work. On my second phone I get a message (if I open) Mytupe telling that in a few hours an update is available. So we have to wait a while.

Pranshul Sood

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
its so because all those users who downloaded the app before on a free basis like from myappfree deals, the app has to be bought by those users in order to use it. Uninstall and then you will notice that the app is no lobger free

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
its so because all those users who downloaded the app before on a free basis like from myappfree deals, the app has to be bought by those users in order to use it. Uninstall and then you will notice that the app is no lobger free

Nope, not true. If an app has been made free and you purchase it during that time, it will still count as purchased later on, when the price has increased again. The WP store doesn't make any difference there. If an app prompts you to purchase it again, it's nothing but a glitch that requires a bugfix. Something Christopher is already working on.

JithinPrasad

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
nothing like that brother.. it will be free always. If You found buy - then just click on buy. it will automatically install the app. No need to pay

JithinPrasad

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Very Same issue. Unistalled the app because of error.
Now cant install in back. The same error codes you mentioned.
Same Model - Same OS - Indian CV

Pranshul Sood

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
Nope, not true. If an app has been made free and you purchase it during that time, it will still count as purchased later on, when the price has increased again. The WP store doesn't make any difference there. If an app prompts you to purchase it again, it's nothing but a glitch that requires a bugfix. Something Christopher is already working on.

But it already occured once with 8.1 Tiles HD app in which my theory was proven true

white_Shadoww

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site

Not true.. I can get that app and I downloaded it free from myappfree.

nwildcat

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same problem. I also restarted the phone and I'm still having the same problem. I wish I had never uninstalled it now because I can't even use the older app at the moment and don't know how to contact the dev to let them know.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro